Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

GM Pax

Avatar: 21782 Thu Nov 20 21:29:08 -0500 2008

Level 20 Emo Kid

“Moan-a Lisa”

Lord Shplane Posted:

I hear it’s like Oblivion except everything’s been nuked and there are guns. Is this so?

‘Cause if it is this is the next game I’m getting after Armored Core: For Answer.

Yes and no.

It’s very much like Oblivion, it does have guns, and everything has been SERIOUSLY ****ed-over with nuclear weapons (and there’s a room I got into that had over TWENTY unexploded atomic bombs O_O).

However, the explorable area is a lot smaller than Cyrodil. As well, levelling is different … closer to earlier Fallout games than to Oblivion; what you use has no bearing on what you improve when you level, and you don’t have to sleep to level up … it’s just “poof, you’re better now”.

There’s a level cap, btw – 20. You stop getting XP once you hit that point.

Very soon, I’ll be starting my “evil bastard” playthrough … heh …

EDIT: Oh, and I love the TACTICAL options the game gives you. Faced with a half-dozen minigun-wielding SuperMutants, and running low on ammunition? Well, if they’re advancing through a full parking lot, AIM FOR THE CARS. Each one is a micro-sized tactical nuclear weapon, waiting to go “KA-THOOOM”.

Missile launcher in good condition: five hundred and eighty caps.

Half a dozen missiles: three hundred and twenty caps.

Getting a parking lot filled with two busses and eight cars to detonate in chain-reaction while half of Talon Company advances between them: PRICELESS.

^_^

GM Pax edited this message on 11/14/2008 12:46PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!