Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Evil Trout Posted:

Right now there’s a few problems with ForumBuildr. The main one I think is that there are simply too many items to vote on in a given week. I used to vote on every single submission but during the last two weeks that’s been impossible. At our last Crotch Zombie meeting, we discussed some changes we think will improve ForumBuildr. I figure we’ll put them out there and see what you guys think!

The first thing we’d like to do is limit how many submissions you can make in a week. Right now, some players are submitting over 100 items! Also, the fact that there’s no limit makes it a lot easier to submit just any old crap, which reduces the quality of submissions and votes.

We’d like to add a ForumBuildr score to players, that could go up or down any week based on how their contributions were voted. As your score goes up, you can submit more things in a week. If it goes down, it lowers them.

Finally, we want to prevent people from submitting in the last 24 hours of the week. Our stats show that pretty much nothing submitted on the last day has a chance of making it in, so it will be useful to increase votes on the existing material.

Thoughts?

Incidentally, I believe we’re going to make -4 the threshold where your submission disappears. It was at -3 before, people complained, Trout made it -5, but now I’m thinking -4 might be a happy medium.

It means five people thought it was ****ty before it got voted up, because it defaults at +1.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!