Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Hum… I’m not into most of the propositions. I just don’t think that there should be too many Domination medals, or medals that are way easier to get than others. Some of the ideas would be either quite random or much more likely to achieve than the current three ones. And I don’t see the point of 90% of active Domination players winning medals. Therefore I am against medals for each flava.

Lowest Unique Total Scoops

NO: Would be quite random and especially it wouldn’t require really much effort. Having a guess 15 minutes before the domination week ends and playing some blackjack is not really comparable to winning min scoops, max scoops or total scoops.

Most Scoops Destroyed

MAYBE: Eventhough this is a pretty aggressive medal that might encourage too many people to go berserk, it might be a nice feature under certain cirgreat timesstances. You just have to make sure that Domination doesn’t end up with every player having zero scoops at the end of the week. Maybe add some additional requirements like that you must have at least one min scoop to win the medal or whatever encourages people not only to destroy scoops but also to build up their own scoop empire. If this medal gets implemented, I’d really enjoy to see a corresponding medal for the player with most destroyed scoops. Indeed the Alt scenario might be a huge problem, but maybe there is a decent solution?! Not rewarding the player with most destroyed scoops but with most collected scoops overall might be one.

Total scoops ends on a target number

YES: This one could be fun, I think. Especially as draws are not allowed. So I don’t think that it can be won too easily.

The Fibonacci Sequence

YES: Sounds interesting indeed. Why not try it. Maybe also consider which segment the scoops equal so that if there are two people who have a Fibonacci Sequence, one with 0, 1, 1, 2, 3 and the other one with 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, the latter one wins the medal. Oh, and let’s leave it by that please. I don’t want to see any other special sequences… would be no fun to have five different Sequence scoops as you couldn’t keep a decent overview in your Domination bracket.

Destroyer of Shields

NO: Nooes Log in to see images! No need for this medal.

Highest total without any cards

NO: Unnecessary. Don’t see the point of this one neither. As a counterpart to the aggressive medals? Nah, wouldn’t work. These players would just get ****ed up by the Domination trolls. Rather implement the medal I suggested above, for most collected scoops overall.

And no other medals please. If there are too many, to few people will focus on one in particular. And e.g. the Fibonacci one is only fun if there are at least 4-5 people who care.

Furthermore, I think that scully has some valid points in his posts. You should really consider modifying the brackets.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!