You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.
You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.
Viewing a Post
I’m a big fan of reducing the number of alts that a single player can wield. I don’t see any disadvantages really.
– a single player does not wield undue influence in any bracket due to their horde of alts, meaning dom then has greater accessibility to newcomers
– a cap on the amount of time a player needs to devote to participating in dom – we already know what happens if there are no caps in place
– if there are caps in place, that means mistakes are more costly – you don’t have the option to just throw more resources at the problem
– players who wish to experiment with more alts can focus on a greater range of goals or activities if they wish. 5 is a reasonable limit for domination. You can start each week with a different set of alts to have full visits on them, but that means medals being potentially spread more thinly.
– a limit on alts offers an innate cap on potential vanilla raiding gains, and by extension, vanilla interruption. I don’t know if there needs to still be a cap on raid size – would players ally with each other if faced with overwhelming odds from a larger klan? Politics and alliances are a good game balancer in theory, but in practice it doesn’t happen enough.
– a real choice with consequences, if you want to participate with multiple alts – you’re either playing close to the wire (or perhaps overextending yourself) on all your alts, or you’re focussing on one alt, with the others as support (through vanilla raiding, or interruption)
I think with the way the new season has started, we’re going to have another big issue soon – impossible to interrupt vanilla raids. A few of us have insane powar levels now, and players who want to compete are going to face a long grind to get to the same point. For me at least, I’m looking at hitting the cred limit in less than 10 days, and that’s with losing 2 days of visits after the start of ep2. Many of the usual suspects will be there at or before the start of the second dom week.meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 10/20/2008 1:57PM
|Posted On: 10/20/2008 1:56PM||View meeeeeeeeee's Profile | #|