Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Lowest Unique Total Scoops: Literally the user with the least scoops where no one else has the same value (during a domination week).

I don’t think many players would “earn” this one, but rather win it by default. I guess I don’t like it because someone could ignore Dom all week long and gamble themselves a medal in the last minute of the round. It just seems like too much of a freebie for those not bothering. If this was chosen I would say the lowest total must be more than zero, otherwise it’s too easy to purchase cards and/or bumhole yourself into no scoops. (And, yeah, someone else could tie the zero, but it would pretty solidly eliminate the Forumbuildr players who never know when they will earn a scoop.)

- Most Scoops Destroyed (Troll goal?): The user that has destroyed the most scoops (from other users) during a domination week.

I’ve always like this one. I think it might encourage some of the griefer/troll style players to participate in Domination. Currently there is no incentive to play from an aggressive destruction stance, I mean besides annoying the crap out of your fellow player. I think it would also help get rid of the “you are mean” perception that is bumociated with strategically using attack cards. Plus, cleanliness is next to godliness, and a clean bracket is a happy bracket. Log in to see images!

- Total scoops ends on a target number: Total scoops must be equal to a target number chosen and displayed at the beginning of the domination week.

Interesting as long as the number is up there a bit. It wouldn’t be so interesting if the number was 9. This is probably the most impossible outside of the lower brackets if there are no ties.

- The Fibonacci Sequence (Hacker goal?): Your scoop flava totals must be equal to any segment of the Fibonacci Sequence in the proper order (0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377)

This is awesome. Do this.

- Destroyer of Shields: The user that destroys the most shields during a domination week.

Honestly, I’d just merge this into the most scoops destroyed. Maybe have Shields count for 2 scoops? As it is, someone in the lower brackets could easily win this by self bumholing, and in many brackets wouldn’t ever be won.

- Highest total without any cards (Noob goal?): Like the title states, don’t purchase cards and get the most scoops (of users that have no purchased any cards).

So this would be instantly eliminated as an option if a card was purchased, or would it be like the theme week where if you ended with cards you were disqualified from this? If you instantly disqualify for purchasing a single card, I think this is neat.

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Another troll goal – largest total number of scoops taken from a single specific player? Troll goals are a good incentive not to interrupt solo or klan raids, if you’re planning on being an bumhole that week anyway.

As much as I love this, it would be a bad thing for morale. It would easily be used as an excuse to try to hound certain players out of the game. (God this would be awesome, it really shouldn’t be considered. Log in to see images! )

Wangerbanger Posted:

My suggestions:

Punching Bag – Have the most cards played against you.

Fave Flava Fervor – Have the most of a single color.

The individual Fav Flava option would be an easy instant fix for the low medal count, and it would be pretty difficult to pull multiple Fav Flavas. I like this idea. Not a fan of the punching bag one.

Overall, we used to have a total possibility of 15 winners (20 medals) per bracket each week. We are now sitting on 3 winners (4 medals.) Looking at it head on it seems like a good idea, but in practice it isn’t. It’s been interesting, but has to be crazily discouraging for the newbie brackets where only 3 out of 60+ players have a shot. If alts of experienced players get tossed into the mix it could easily take months for a player who is trying to get a single medal. Honestly, that is going to make people quit playing. In the upper brackets it’s become a sort of punishment for playing aggressively. Knowing they were very unlikely to pick up a medal pushed a lot of players into a “why bother” mode where they are simply waiting until they fall far enough that they can easily grab 3 or 4 medals. Not competing shouldn’t be a viable strategy.

I’m going to use Ricket as an example because he’s hot and a good Domination player. Since the medal reduction Ricket has earned a total of 6 medals. 3 of them were pretty solidly klan vanilla medals, the other 3 he had to work his freaking bum off for. In this same time period several normally top bracket players have simply stopped bothering. It has steadily pushed them further and further down the bracket chain. Now if for some reason Ricket, who has never left the top bracket this season, gets shut out of medals these last two weeks, while the players who have slipped off into cakewalk brackets sweep next week? The inactive players will be able to grab 8 medals simply because they didn’t bother doing anything during the past 11 weeks. It will actually have been a better strategy to not play than to play.

Obviously not medaling week after week needs to push a player down the brackets, it would be horrible for a new player to be forever stuck in the top bracket because they had one good week. That mechanic is completely necessary. Well, the only thing that can shift the penalty for playing is to either increase the number of available medals or reintroduce ties on some level.

If I could choose?

– I would like to see a situation where there are 9 – 12 possible medal winners per week in each bracket, with certain medals absolutely not working together to prevent a player from “sweeping” their bracket.

– Add the proposed medal options for – Most Scoops Destroyed, Total scoops ends on a target number, The Fibonacci Sequence, Highest total without any cards. This brings us to 7 unique medals.

– Add the additional Fav Flavas or allow 2 or 3 player ties for the Target Number and Fibonacci.

– All medals are equal – in other words eliminate the double medal for mins. (I know this was initially a reward for being able to earn scoops in all areas of the game, but it is now a reward for having a couple of Switcharoos.)

– Eliminate the end of season double medal week for future seasons. It’s cool, but it is also tossing a lot of bonus medals to players who haven’t bothered to play.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!