Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Luna Lovegood

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

scullyangel Posted:

Certainly it wouldn’t work in the way teamwork has been used thus far in Domination – as a meat shield or as help to destroy enemy scoops. Those things can be done on a different time frame (literally hours before the round ends) and you can go off to play for medals on another character. This format required a different level of commitment, mainly because it absolutely required a sacrifice on the part of the person who took on the role of last minute Shield destroyer.

I found that in that final 5 minutes a decent pile of scoops sitting behind 10+ shields was pretty much ignored. Before then I was getting hammered and having to rebuy shields, but once it got near the end it was like everyone decided it was safer to leave me alone because I was going to be eliminated due to cards. Having someone else shoot through the remaining shields in the last 2 – 3 minutes was a very solid strategy.

Again, not that I think this was a great format, it was seriously limiting and frustrating for many players, I just think there were more possibilities than people were considering. It was especially horrid for those of us who normally play several characters as it was pretty damn impossible to really play more than 2 or 3 at most.

I don’t think that teamwork, used that way, would’ve done much good… but I was in a no-medal bracket, and Experiences May Differ. None of the people in our bracket really bought shields, so there was no point in having someone to destroy them in the end. In fact, no one had any scoops at the end either.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!