Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

PDB: So if you were in headsets this week you’d have 30 cards and only 40 – 50 scoops? I see. Yes, you are probably right. I’m sure that the headsets bracket players have been playing more serious destruction against Stud, Emojah and naughty than the destruction that has been played this week in the top bracket. Man, those guys are hardcore. Good thing you don’t have to deal with that nightmare bracket! Log in to see images!

Ricket: You are correct. 100%. When the new season hits, especially if the brackets are the 50ish player size, if the mbumes decide that raiders are not allowed to medal then raiders won’t medal.

Of course we all know that this will never be the reality. It requires large numbers of players committing to play their hardest, not for a reward, but solely to hinder a certain group of players. We’ve already established that the majority of players have zero interest in playing if there is no reward potential. You hear it all the time, “I can’t win, I won’t be playing this week.” Players stop playing when they feel like they don’t have a chance. Those same players that choose to flezz grind or whatever when facing klan vanilla certainly aren’t going to spend their time not medaling to keep you from medaling when the new season starts. The whole idea that 20% or more of any given bracket must choose to lose in order to prevent a broken mechanic from overrunning everything else is silly.

I will say it just as simply: the only thing the current changes to vanilla made was forcing raids to take longer and eliminating meat towers on alts in the lower brackets. Under the current cirgreat timesstances klan players, as long as they possess one alt to contribute visits with, do not need to use a visit within a raid with their main character. Main character – join raid. Alts – run visits. Main character – run solo vanilla. Beyond losing the ability to medal in lower brackets without even looking at the character during the week and having it take longer to alt swap, I’m curious what you think the huge hit to klan vanilla has been.

Edit: Also, I’m really sick of arguing with you guys. We obviously look at competitive play and cooperative play differently. I’m personally happy when I see you grab a medal. But, I intensely dislike that the “it’s a given” nature of those medals is encouraging players leave the game.

scully edited this message on 08/20/2008 12:50AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!