Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Janie

[SRSLY]

Level 25 Emo Kid

I... HAERT TEH FIREFOX TOO!

My 30 year old sister had a rare cancer that almost killed her. It was a fast moving cancer that, in weeks, took over her ovaries, uterus and cervix.

We thought she had a kidney infection, then we thought she had an ovarian cyst, then we wound up hearing she had six months to live. The doctor told us he’d never seen something like it.

Three days later, after the biopsy, they told us that it was a different cancer than originally thought, and her chance of survival was 95%. (If she’d waited a few more weeks, that would have dropped a lot.)

I’m not minimizing what your sister is going through at all, but considering the loss of ability to reproduce versus the loss of your sister, I think it’s good to look at the positive side, that if it’s cancer, the cancer has been caught and she’s alive.

My sister didn’t have the time to freeze eggs or prepare in any way. She went to sleep thinking she was having a cyst removed and woke up hearing that she had a hysterectomy and would die soon.

She’s still alive, and I consider that a huge miracle. I’ll send good thoughts your sister’s way, and yours as well. I spent a lot of days sitting on a bench outside a strange hospital, crying, for the loss of children she might have, for the loss of my sister. I’m so grateful she’s here.

P.S. If you ever want to talk to someone who’s been where you are (sort of), feel free to TM me. Maybe not everyone on this forum would care, but I certainly do. Best thoughts.

Janie edited this message on 08/10/2008 1:18PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!