Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

Sancdar Posted:

I bumume you mean complex scripted behaviors like the fuccubi in nethack, and not like attack descriptors. Because I think you could totally make a enjoy monster.

[/code]

Actually, I imagine you could write something like the foocubi (You would just need to use the ‘Attack’ hook in the monster script). What I meant was you can’t make up some new action, like “enjoy”, and map it to some key saying ‘okay now every time the player press control-r it’ll do the enjoy action. The reason is that things like checking for hooks and setting the parameters for actions are going to be hard-coded, and letting anyone make up arbitrary actions would end up interfering with the way scripts interact with each-other.

There’s nothing stopping you though from making a ‘enjoy’ technique though, or raping monster attack, so it really isn’t such an important limitation. Log in to see images!

edit – Ah, I see there was some confusion when I said “creature’s actions”. I worded it that way because I’m considering all living entities to be creatures, even the player. You could do exactly what you said and make a special ‘rapey’ attack for a monster, but the triggers that’ll set off will still be the standard Attack trigger. I guess it would be more accurate to say that you will be able to script anything except for your own custom triggers and hooks.

edit – That’s actually also why it be difficult to script your own base item clbumes – since it’ll be hard coded as to which actions can apply to which items. I could conceivably get around this with a series of flags such as ‘drinkable’ ‘portable’ ‘wearable’ etc. That’ll remain to be seen.

BirdofPrey edited this message on 07/30/2008 4:40PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!