Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

The cool detailed post will have to wait because i’m dead tired.

Made lots of progress today!

– When an item is added to an inventory it now gets auto-sorted into categories.

– I consolidated the eventhandler clbum and graphics clbum into one “UserInterface” clbum. I probably shouldn’t really call this progress though, because the way things worked out I didn’t actually need to do that, and now it’s a little bit cluttered. Makes no difference implementation wise, but I may change back just for organization purposes.

– Wrote a metric ****ton of code, and now I have menus! Basic item menus are working – they display fine and are successfully returning the user’s choice. This is a big victory.

The menus are still rather threadbare – things I still need to implement include item stacking, as I mentioned before, and scrolling up and down for long lists.

So far the only actions I’ve coded in are walking, quitting, taking, and showing your inventory, but the list is growing every day. Tomorrow I plan to take care of the dropping action, and if I have the stamina maybe some filtering and scrolling commands for menus. After that I think it’ll finally be time to give the player some stats, and maybe start work on how creatures other than the player will act/react.

tldr – menus work now, and i’ll make a cool detailed post soonish.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!