Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

PUBICDAWG Posted:

Is the whole design of the welcome page randomized between multiple versions? If so, for me at least, it seems to be stuck on the Camwhore version. If this isn’t a bug and the page design isn’t randomly selected, I think having the Camwhore version be the only version might put off people who see it.

Edit: Also, are you still planning to implement that ‘Buy Brownie Points for large amounts of Flezz’ feature? Or the text adventure design tool?

There are two major versions of the homepage now, the camwhore one and the “cartoon” one, and then several minor versions of each where we’re testing different layouts. Once it selects one of the versions for you, it sets a cookie so you keep seeing it (we figured it would be too confusing if it kept changing on you), that’s why you’re always seeing the same one. A new user without the same cookie would get a random layout.

I hope the camwhore one wouldn’t put anyone off, but that’s why we’re testing Log in to see images! Once we have some good stats as to what layouts are working better we’ll ditch the ones that aren’t.

Regarding buying brownie points: I still want to do it but every time I bring it up at the meetings we decide there’s something else worth doing first. It’s still on the table though, definitely!

The text adventure game creator, to manage expectations, was never supposed to be a big thing like Forumbuildr. If we release the code to it, it would just be a ruby text adventure game developer kit people could run on their own computers, and then maybe we’d have a contest where we’d integrate some of the best games into the site. It would be fun, for sure, but on the other hand we really have to get rolling full time on Episode 2! (so far, it’s been slow as a back seat to other features) You wouldn’t believe the awesomeness we have in mind for our second episode.

Evil Trout edited this message on 02/07/2008 8:49AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!