Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

Quick update for anyone interested:

I consolidated the RDG code and made it a bit more efficient, and in the process I seemed to have fixed some odd problem I hadn’t noticed, as the output shouldn’t have been any different but it was noticeably improved. I also added a function for removing dead ends. It uses a number i call ‘chaosfactor’. It ranges from 0 – 100, where 0 results in 100% of dead ends being removed, and 100 results in no dead ends being removed.

At 100, it looks similar to the screenshots i posted above, and at 0 it looks just like any other roguelike dungeon, with rooms and corridors all connected and no dead ends and odd branches. One problem when the number is low is that it sometimes barely anything is left when the dead ends are all taken away. One time it only left 2 rooms connected by a single corridor! The way I see it, I could either tweak the ratio of rooms to corridors created, as its currently 70% corridors vs. 30% rooms, and that could def. be tweaked. If the problem still crops up I could have a quota for rooms created or something like that.

That’s not all, though! I made the clbum for creatures, including the player, and I made the basic event handler and action handler! so far the only creature I’ve allowed for is the player, and the only action available is walking around, but it’s working fine and my little @ symbol is happily traipsing through my randomly created dungeons!

So basically, the skeleton is starting to come together. Up next I’m working on the item clbum and functions to for item and inventory management. After that I’m going to add some more UI ****, such as menu functions and a basic message display system. After that I suppose it’ll be time to get working on the combat system and enemy creatures.

Again, I am pleased. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!