Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

7u880y

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Evil Trout Posted:

When we launched it used to dock you a visit the second you entered, but after lots of people got annoyed we made the decision to only dock it after your first move.

The unfortunate side effect of this is that it makes the random numbers of threads exploitable. It was the lesser of two evils as far as I was concerned.

In the future we might punish people who repeatedly enter forums, but it would be hard to get exactly right. Maybe like 3 visits would do it?

Was there really a lot of people who complained about that? It just seems to me that that particular problem is entirely the players own fault and doesn’t really require a fix. Maybe it’s because I’ve never had a problem with it, but I’d go back to the way it was when you lost your visit as you entered a forum. It’s not super important right now, I think, because the difference in re-entering most forums will just be about 2 threads, but if somewhere down the line you want to add forums where the randomizer can make a larger difference in the amount of threads, or the difficulty of threads like the Woe is us Forum, then removing the possibility of re-entering forums becomes more important.

Depending on how many people considers losing forums turn this way a problem I would maybe add a prompt, but adding prompts slows the game down for everyone who doesn’t consider it a problem. Maybe add a new optional called something like hardcore/softcore mode. One gives you prompts in various situations, like entering forums, selling items and whatever else, and hardcore removes all prompts.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!