Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Guys the whole “No, you just suck.” thing is ridiculous and unhelpful. I like Domination. I would like to see more players actively competing. I would love to see skillful klan raiding turn into an interesting advantage rather than a necessity for aggressive Domination play. It would be nice if the klan raiders would stop slinging bull**** and take a freaking step back for a second and consider the game as a whole. There are a lot of players, many have earned medals in the past, so they aren’t just Dom newbies who can’t hack it, openly stating that they are no longer having any fun playing Domination. Considering how many players don’t post on Flamebate, those voices imply that a much larger number of players are not having fun. That isn’t cool.

People are currently arguing separate things and it seems silly to keep that up.

Argument 1 is that vanilla is already capped by visits. This is true in general, but not specifically for any given character. It is extremely misleading to claim that vanilla is currently capped by anything except available time and characters (not visits.)

The argument from the outside is that you can’t raid for 10 hours – that argument is correct. A klan can could raid 24 hours if they wanted to, but an individual character cannot. Unless you happen to be in charge of Great Firewall or Second Wife, any individual player is not going to make visits stretch 10 hours. The advantage in klan vanilla comes out when you are out of visits yet still earning scoops. I can pistachio loop, speed lemon and earn a solo vanilla for every visit over 4, but when I’m out of visits I’m done, as is damn near every person who doesn’t play the klan game. In a raiding klan I can do all that and then click to rejoin a raid and gain scoops on a character that is no longer contributing. Yes, they actively contributed and I am still contributing using a different character, but the ability to camp a character for 4, 6, 8, 10+ hours – is that what was intended? If that was the intent, I don’t think CZ would have put a time limit on the raid or created a join raid bumon. I certainly don’t think it was intended that someone could set up a program to auto-join raids whether online or sleeping or whatever as SG94 suggested. The initial vanilla nerf was in large part due to the fact that non-participating members were getting klan vanilla.

From the klan side, I can tell you if you’ve steadily been using visits for 2+ hours it feels like you are working for the vanilla you take home. I’m glad Brainfreeze have a super happy fun time raiding for 10 hours, but I don’t think most players would enjoy it or have the time available to commit to it. I also think it can be very discouraging to a player who does want to make a real attempt at playing Domination to think there is no point because they can’t play for 6 – 10 hours 3 times a week.

I do think a klan willing to organize enough to raid deserves a reward, it’s just finding the balance between unlimited raiding and eliminating any meaningful reward for putting in the effort that is the trick.

I don’t think the game should cater to players unwilling to do the basics. Those who have argued that they don’t have time to use their visits, so how can they compete are just being silly as hell. But, those who are doing everything possible with the exception of taking Domination as a part time job have a pretty freaking valid point. I posted some possible ideas a couple of pages back: A time restriction forcing a certain wait time before a person (character) can join another raid, limit to the number of participants, a condition check requiring that a player actually hold one of the 12 forums in order to receive a scoop, an increase for solo vanilla.

A couple more possibilities? A hard limit on the number of raids a character can join per week. Additional Domination cards diluting the card pool would also be a serious help.

My personal choices would be requiring that a player control one of the 12 forums in order to receive a scoop and an increase in Domination cards.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!