Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Big Brother Posted:

I have an idea. How about you can’t downvote until you actually get one idea submitted? Because frankly, if you can’t come up with anything better, who are you to criticize it?

Some of us aren’t creative enough to come up with something, but we know funny (and ****ty) when we see it.

The idea I like (which I think is a combination of a lot of ideas that have already been thrown out there more than an original one) is to give people the benefit of the doubt. If they have ****ty voting ratios for a period of time (1 week, 2?), only give them the option to downvote x number of submissions without pbuming/upvoting others. After that, it becomes a percentage of total votes – maybe 40% up/pbum 60% down or something like that. I’m not sure 50/50 is fair just because the ratio of good stuff to **** that I’ve seen isn’t 50/50 either. And if you really hate *everything* in a week where you’re restricted, pbum on it instead of upvoting. (although I see this being something of a coding nightmare)

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!