Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

Evil Karp

Level 2 Re-Re

Cool guy from ALOL named Oleander Posted:

troll 1 Audio Help (trōl) Pronunciation Key

v. trolled, troll·ing, trolls

v. tr.

1. To fish for by trailing a baited line from behind a slowly moving boat.

2. To fish in by trailing a baited line: troll the lake for bbum.

3. To trail (a baited line) in fishing.

That is the correct reference when saying “He/she is trolling” or “He/she got trolled”. Those are actual valid words from the dictionary in reference to a style of fishing where you let your line into the water and wait for a bite. The relation being someone who for example, goes onto a forum and makes a post with the word “fine upstanding member of society” in it, to see how many people will flip out about it. That person is “trolling” for angry responses. They aren’t actively abusing or badgering anybody.

The only reason people think of “trolls” as the mythical creatures is because the majority of 4chan goons and livejournal self-indulged morons (who will self-proclaim command of the English language ironically) immediately bumociated the word with the only instance of it they knew, which was of a mythical creature stemming from Lord of the Rings or Dungeons and Dragons. Surprised they didn’t bumociate it with the real reference, an outdoor activity?

Chances are you’ve all been using the term improperly (because you’re dumb). Somebody is not a “troll”, nor are they “trolling” anybody, as are they not being “trolled” by them, if they are directly badgering or harbuming somebody. Thank you and goodnight. Log in to see images!

You are wrong because of the follow reasons:

1. They call me the seeker

2. I’ve been searching low and high

3. I won’t get to get what I’m after

4. Till the day I die

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!