Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

MC Banhammer’s Guide to the Klans — A Travelogue

And we’re back, with another review. This time up: SRSLY.

SRSLY is quite a different animal than TSB. Srsly.

They’re pretty quiet. Their main purpose, near as I can tell, is to promote role-playing in the forums, and to that end, they (as of this writing) sponsor a contest each week. I didn’t participate in the voting, but those who do discuss their favorites and their reasons.

Occasionally one of their members comes up with an idea for a role-playing thread or storyline, and solicits the other members for feedback and to participate. Response varies but the results are usually worth it. I myself enjoyed playing in a rick-roll thread they created in-house.

What I feel they’re missing, though, which could make them a real draw if they decide to incorporate this idea, is advice on how to role-play. I’m not saying they should teach how to be interesting or creative (although if they could pull that off it would certainly help), but I would’ve liked to have seen ideas on how to sound like a camwhore, emo kid, re-re, or yes, even troll, consistently; how to use clbum-appropriate emoticons correctly; what level of Unintelligencer to use and whether you should replace words it doesn’t; etc. If they offered this service I think they’d get a bigger draw.

Not that it looks like they want a big draw; their klan description reads “We do like to see RP in forums before we invite folks.” Given the problems people have playing non-trolls, SRSLY may be keeping out the very people who could most add to their mission of being “fabulous persongy RP people with others”.

tl;dr: I was hoping for more encouragement and help in role-playing, and hope they expand to this soon. Right now they mainly focus on their contest.

For my next stop, I’ll be visiting Good Omens, as a new Domination season has just started and they’re one of the biggest Domination-themed klans I’m aware of.

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!