Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

MizMoon Posted:

Ben Stein has lost a lot of cool points for making this movie – I mean, c’mon, the man is an absolute genius but, unfortunately, science and -any- religion should be kept distinctly separate. When I was Pre-Med, if my teacher had tried to tell me that God created the atom, and that the Earth is only 5,000 years old, and, on top of that, was created in a literal “Seven-Day Genesis Week” I’d have walked out of that University and never returned.

Ben Stein had some good points in the film, but he ruins it by running his own credibility through the dirt, numerous times in the film. He only interviews Darwinists to humiliate them, and the way he treats the pro-ID scientists as martyrs trying to either open a dialog or bridge ID and evolution together, on the back of the Darwinist interviews, makes it obvious he’s trying to demonize one group and glorify the other.

Then, of course, the section on eugenics is complete bull****. He treats the philosophy as a legitimate, current science (anyone with a brain will tell you that eugenics was based on a very poor understanding of hereditary science), and he butchers the Darwin quote he uses, very intentionally, to make it seem like a pro-eugenics argument. Not to mention, the entire section on the Nazis relies on the instant, negative reaction Nazism invokes.

Some of the arguments Stein makes are legitimate, but his appeal to ethos is so horrible that it’ll ultimately have a negative impact on his goals in making the film.

Ben Stein isn’t a genius. Why would he let people win his money all of the time?

Because letting people win his money makes him even more money.

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 edited this message on 05/18/2008 7:12PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!