Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

It’s been a project I wanted to do ever since two weeks ago when i found a camera flash at a junk shop for 50 cents. I burned it out so i had to wait until I got a new one, and today I said ‘to hell with waiting’ and I bought a disposable camera and ripped it apart.

A good tutorial site: http://www.angelfire.com/80s/sixmhz/cgkit.html

My pictures of the fairly ugly product:

I used two capacitors in series that I found in a couple Computer power supplies. Normally it’s one 350 volt 360 something capacitor, but two 20o volt ones with 460 whatevers each is better.

hehe that pen has been useful…

I didn’t insulate the connections at first and then this happened:

Got burned pretty strangely by 400 volts. Happy times.

I was launching 1/2 inch steel slugs off my porch that flew about 60-100 feet I’m guessing. Not much velocity, though. I need more capacitors and a bigger coil to get high speed projectiles.

Oh and if you try this yourself and taser yourself and die or shoot out an eyeball then I’m not responsible. Yes, you can make wicked and potentially VERY painful tasers out of this circuit as well.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 05/17/2008 1:04AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!