Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

Sux2BU

Level 10 Troll

Sucky sucky 2 dolla!!!

Okay.

Start with something you actually care about and have an opinion on. Nearly all of the threads you’ve started in the last few weeks have been flat and uninspired because you don’t actually care about what gets talked about, just that you get credit for people posting. So instead of saying, “Hey, what topic will get me lots of replies”, ask, “what topic am I interested in and would like to discuss with other people?”

Then, pay attention to that topic. Respond to people. Give them a reason to feel that they are engaged in an interesting back-and-forth that is fun to participate in rather than just tagging an entry to a list no one cares about. If people want to move the topic in a different direction, roll with it and see where it takes you.

I’m sure you are an interesting person, but that doesn’t come across because you don’t talk about things that interest you, you only talk about stuff you think will get you e-peens, and that’s boring as hell to everyone but you. Talk about things that actually matter to you. In this game or outside of it. Tell us what it’s like living where you do. Tell us what it’s like playing the games you do. Tell us interesting stories about growing up.

But most of all: treat the conversation itself as the object, not the means to a goal. Because everyone can tell, and no one’s interested.

In fact, it does.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!