Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Cerebellum Posted:

So! The wiki. It exists. It is good. But it could be improved. And discussed. Hence this thread.

First, a question. I know that we are using some variation on MediaWiki, but how much has it been simplified/modified? It would be nice to have categories, different namespaces, talk pages, etc., but is this technically feasible with the current setup? A lot of the burning desires (read: page deletion) of certain concerned individuals (read: me) all boil down to this issue.

Also, how much of a big deal is the wiki supposed to be? Do we want an in depth, comprehensive thing like the KoL Wiki, or are we going for more of an “obligatory game wiki, lol” effect?

Now, some suggestions:

It would be really nice to have some concrete/not-so-concrete policies to follow, beside the generic don’t be a retard. For instance, how far do we want to go on spoilers? Do we want articles on every single item, forum, etc. in the game? This type of thing is good to know.

Also, I alluded to this earlier but talk pages would be awesome. I’ve noticed some talk type stuff in article bodies (List of Forums is a good example).

Some dogreat timesentation beyond the basic Contribute page would also be nice, a Manual of Style or at least some basic guidelines for page layout.

Admins and infoboxes would also be cool. It might be neat to have something like the Marvel Database, which has complete templates for page creation, complete with auto-categorization. All you have to do is fill in the blanks, and there’s your page, complete with pretty formating

I think that’s about it, so go ahead and discuss!

You’re right on the money there, you just said everything I couldn’t be bothered to type.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!