Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Marcos El Malo Posted:

I do see what you’re saying, which is why I thought it was the better idea, just not as easy to implement as merely improving troll attacks slightly. What about some sort of healing move for trolls? Something like “nurse ego” that would allow trolls to regain points without resorting to consumables? Maybe make your defense bonus applicable only to this, so it’s a unique troll advantage.

That’s an interesting idea too. I’m a bit reluctant to support it because it would drastically change Trolls. You’d HAVE to buy the skill, like camwhores with Pump It Up, which would have to change level/stat progression somehow. You’d also need to rethink cooldowns on all the Troll skills because on 6-bars everyone would be spamming the move, but that could make their skills have too high a cooldown for players progressing through the 4-bars. Douchebaggery could start to be an issue, I hear those consumables are pretty pricey too, but I don’t know.

Balancing either idea is pretty awkward. If Nurse Ego were an early skill, it would have to be effective early and late in the game. Even if it’s just late-game, if it’s useful enough to decrease XR use by a couple on 6-bar forums, 4/5-bars might not need any consumables, or the easier 6-bars might be a cakewalk. The endgame mission could be too easy for a troll with either change. What are typical defense values for trolls throughout the game? When do they usually acquire the various good pieces of equipment?

Either way it’ll be a major change to the clbum, but I can’t get behind something that would change playstyle so much without thinking it out more.

Edit: Arktor’s suggested values make a good amount of sense I guess.

Sancdar edited this message on 04/22/2008 8:53PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!