Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

narth

Level 10 Troll

Unfunny fabulous person

I think BoP’s original troll post was pretty much flawed. As it’s argueable that cooperation and stability offered by society benifit us all. And that certain rules are required for them to work. If everyone were to adhere to certain ethics life would be better for everyone. Not everyone does, but even then, you get benifit from them. Things like empathy give us concience anyway, and it exists for a reason. Largely, it evolved and is the majority because it helps you breed and prosper.

Anyway what I’m getting at, is that in the absence of a god and supreme moral judgement, actions can still have values, it’s just the value can adjust to reflect it’s actual effect given current conditions. Rather than set in stone values coming from the 3rd edit of a translated edited text written thousands of years ago.

It’s my beleif that if a god does exist, he’d be aware that certain values would change.

But yet, meanwhile there’s still core values and rules (most of the commandments hold up well for example and it could be argued 9 of the 10 are pretty good cornerstones of a stable society, though obviously some intellegence in their use is good. “honour thy mother and father, but obviously if they try to beat you to death, you can turn them in to the police”Log in to see images! that benifit us. Stableon society reaps benifits in confidence and so growth, general happiness due to absence of shocks and more. And we all live happier knowing some things are stable.

These hold up, god or none.

I’m agnostic, just because I’m not sure and I’m not sure it matters. As you can see, I reckon that a benevolent god would set rules and judge based on what’s best for their people, they’d be flexible, and so the best action is to think what is the best move to make, not what you won’t get shouted at.

Now I could counter argue that being able to hide behind what god said (well, after a few edits, and given different cirgreat timesstances) allows people to do evil things…. but moral bankruptcy among many christians is a different story.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!