Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

Marcos El Ma-
lo

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

More second hand info:

Carefully read the contract. It’s been a while, but I looked over a contract from them a few years back and they basically have exclusive rights. The would indeed own your pasty goth bum, unless they’ve changed it. (Note that EVERYTHING is negotiable if they want you bad enough. If you’re really really hot or already have a following, you could try to strike that provision from the contract.)

Most SGs don’t make much money from it. It’s a lot of work and you have to do a lot of photosets. I’m not really sure what their formula is, but you’d really need to check that aspect out. Another thing I’ve heard is that the only way to make a living from SG is to get heavily involved in the promotional side. It was hinted to me that girls must do unsavory favors (Ron Jeremy? Log in to see images!) to get picked to go on the promotional tours. This is all anecdotal, of course. YMMV.

So, if you actually want to make money at this, you’re probably going to either shop around (SG isn’t the only game in town) or as others have suggested, roll your own. Creating your own site would entail more work, but you’d make considerably more money.

One thing I’d recommend: although hiring a skilled photographer is important, even more important is a skilled make-up artist. You can actually get by with an average shooter if you have a good hair/make-up person. To get started, you might find someone talented at a cosmetology school.

In terms of finding a competent photog, given the nature of the work you want someone with a professional attitude above all else. If they’re just starting out, they might not have all the studio equipment (let alone a studio), but if they have a pro attitude you’ll save a LOT of time and effort. What do I mean? A pro attitude means being focused on the job (no pun intended) and not trying to nail you. It means being able to set you at ease and bringing out your best. It means he or she will take all the standard shots before indulging in anything overly creative.

In terms of skills, you want a photographer that knows light and understands how to work with light. As I said, they needn’t have extensive lighting equipment if they know what they’re doing. If your low budget photog has lots of cheap styrofoam boards or those flexible cloth reflectors for bouncing light, you’re on the right track. (Soft lighting is key, in other words.) I’d say that composition takes a back seat to lighting, although both are important.

HTH Good Luck!

That’s really my pic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!