Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

eponymous_ennui Posted:

If nobody minds, I’m going to write up histories for each of the respective magical weapons and armour you’re holding because it’s a slow day and, frankly, I quite enjoy this kind of thing. Log in to see images!. So, here goes nothing.

Black Kestrel: This halberd +1 feels slightly cool and clammy to the touch for some reason. Forged from fire-blackened steel, the blade of the halberd is carved into a baroque representation of many screaming human faces, each etched out in pure fear or pain. They say that the Kestrel is pure evil, that it was forged by a devil in the fires of the Nine Hells from the soul of a young child, beaten out upon an infernal furnace until her very sufferance formed the cold iron of the halberd. In the middle of the night, when all is still, if you listen very carefully… you might still hear her scream.

Soulcage: Forged from a single ore of iron alloyed by strange alchemical formulas and ancient spells, this spiked full-plate +1 is ornate and carved with a persistent rose insignia so that should a sword or spear strike the armour, instead of glancing off and perchance striking a more vital region, the point simply remains stuck in place. Though it has seen many wars and yet more decades, the black steel still remains as polished as it was when it was first forged. Indeed, some say that the armour saps at the soul of its wearer bit by bit, until nothing but paranoia and fear is left: and when that day comes, when the half-crazed warrior finally loses his mind and takes his own life, his soul will finally join the innumerous previous wielders within that black monstrosity of an armour. And the Soulcage glints just a little bit brighter than it used to.

Vanity: this silver ring of protection +1 is plain and unadorned on the outside; however, on the inside, a small cruelly-shaped barb appears poised to pierce the flesh of anyone who tries to wear it. Upon closer examination, the entire inside of the ring is an extremely elaborate low-relief carving of a scorpion, the barb being the creature’s extended sting. In the distance, one can see the detail of dunes and even a sunset. Legend has it that this was the ring that started the war between House Detrius and Euris, that this ring was commissioned from Euris to Detrius as a gift on the young Baroness’ wedding: a poignant reminder of the old City proverb, “o vanity, thy sting is venomous indeed”.

Glath: this long dagger +1 appears to be carved from a man’s femur that is then bound with hide and sharpened to a deadly point. While notched and scratched from wear and tear, the Dwarven runic carvings that adorn every inch of the weapon can still be read clearly: it is a warning to all who may oppose the might of the Dark Seers, a cult of subterranean deep dwarves who worship a strange and ancient power. The script then goes on to exhort the prowess and skill of the Dark Seers and their many legendary deeds; you haven’t quite heard of the Dark Seers, but you suppose that the bone was “donated” by someone who has and did not agree with them.

Loreseeker: carved from the antlers of a majestic stag, this longbow +1 is threaded with the finest spidersilk and is almost impossible to break. The elven name “Loreseeker” is carved onto the inner recurve of the bow: it’s not quite sure if that is the name of the former owner or the name of the bow, but through the ages that has been the name the bow took for itself. For some strange inexplicable reason, the bowstring is knotted in the dead middle: this doesn’t affect the bow’s pull or strength, but is rather puzzling all the same, having no precedence in neither elvish nor human bow-making. For a name like Loreseeker, almost nothing is known about this bow.

Nice. Truly nasty equipment, and brilliant backstories. I gotta learn more about D&D so I can think up stuff myself.

And at what level will I pretty much have to decide on a Prestige Clbum? If I have to do so now, the Disciple of Dispater sounds like the best idea. Although as I said, the Warrior of Darkness could be an option depending on how much about magic Zak learns. If he helps the wizard guy out with his experiments…

...BTW, am I the only one who looks at the Rogue’s name and sees Jason Vorhees? I’m gonna be careful around him…
Sabre_Justice edited this message on 11/14/2007 10:15PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!