Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ [CLOSED] Contest for 0BP (and to remain unbanned): READ ME

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

As in all non-RP forums, this forum is to remain trolling-free. Exception: A contest sponsor can declare, in the original post (OP), that their contest thread allows for trolling (including all-caps). These trolls should be thread-related, though. NOTE: It is at the discretion of any moderator whether the tone of the OP indicates trolling is allowed, even if the poster didn’t explicitly say it was.

In addition, unlike other non-RP forums, nudes are permitted in contests — IF the contest thread name includes “NSFW”.

The contests placed in this forum will all be considered legitimate. Failure to carry through on the promised reward is a bannable offense. BP can be placed in escrow with a mod to remove doubt about the OP’s ability to pay. And yes, you must offer BP for your contests (or some other reward of legitimate value).

A Contest is only a Contest if you, as the OP, are not getting anything of value (i.e., BP) for it. In other words, they are not meant to be profitable for the contest-holder. The reward for hosting a successful contest is the “Big Give” ePeen, as well as any side benefits (such as upping your Flamebate score, your Popularity score, etc.). If you want to host an event where you as well as someone else get BP, take it to either Ayn Rands or the role-playing forums.

Contests which require a user to look at, or bid on, any particular Kyoubai auction are not permitted.

Similarly, you may not use contests as a means to directly bribe people into artificially boosting your leaderboard status, if that leaderboard pertains to a legitimate talent- or skill-based competition within the Forumwarz universe. Just as Klan-based voting is illegal in Forumbuildr, so is paying a user to vote up your submissions in Forumbuildr or INCIT. You also cannot bribe a player into colluding with you in Domination, for example. For reasons of practicality, the exceptions to this rule include the Most Popular and Top Flamebaters leaderboards.

“Toxx clauses” (i.e., not following up on your promises, a term originating in the Something Awful boards) will be handled on a case-by-case basis. If you edit your OP, the case against you will be stronger, so think before you start a contest. If you’re planning to keep track of something in a centralized post (such as who’s in the lead), consider doing it in a second follow-up post rather than in the OP. Or quoting the original OP in the second post and leaving the second post unchanged as you move forward.

When your contest ends, please tubmail one of the mods, WITH A LINK, so it can be marked as closed and so that we can give you your e-peen. Thx.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 03/27/2009 7:55PM

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

Good call with the contest forum

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Awesome! Will you move mine here from entertainment? Log in to see images!

EDIT: You are so speedy it was totally hot! Log in to see images! scully edited this message on 07/01/2008 5:28PM

zigzagoon

Avatar: 28782 2011-07-31 12:19:07 -0400

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

so when do you hand out the epeen? i had thought it would coincide with the unstickying of the thread but i still dont have it

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

scullyangel Posted:

EDIT: You are so speedy it was totally hot! Log in to see images!

I so am. Where are my spanks?

I think I’ve got all the active ones moved. Let me know if you have one which isn’t in here now.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

zigzagoon Posted:

so when do you hand out the epeen? i had thought it would coincide with the unstickying of the thread but i still dont have it

At least for now, you have to tubmail ET with the details.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

MC Banhammer Posted:

I so am. Where are my spanks?

I think I’ve got all the active ones moved. Let me know if you have one which isn’t in here now.

You need Wylin’s “last post” thread… Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

spacekadt Posted:

You need Wylin’s “last post” thread… Log in to see images!

Good call, thanks.

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

I modified the rules slightly for this forum, by adding the following phrase: “A contest sponsor can declare, in the OP, that their contest thread allows for trolling (including all-caps). These trolls should be thread-related, though.”

For now I’ll bumume that any of PANTS’s contests allow for this kind of trolling.

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

I just noticed this is a nonRP forum… that sucks. I want to **** when I’m not winning or when THE fabulous person RUNNING HIS AVATAR/TITLE FOR 19 BPs CONTEST DOESN’T LIKE A ****ING PERFECT SUBMISSION

(I bumume that you allow boldcaps since you said in your bannable suggestion thread that that was a silly reason to ban)

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

FAIL Posted:

I just noticed this is a nonRP forum… that sucks. I want to **** when I’m not winning or when THE fabulous person RUNNING HIS AVATAR/TITLE FOR 19 BPs CONTEST DOESN’T LIKE A ****ING PERFECT SUBMISSION

(I bumume that you allow boldcaps since you said in your bannable suggestion thread that that was a silly reason to ban)

The reasons it’s non-RP are several, but the key one is so that people know the contests are legit. Another is that some people don’t want their contests derailed by trolling. And as CZ wants to encourage contests…

(And, just because I think it’s a silly reason to ban, doesn’t mean ET agrees. The rule stands, and I “enforce” it although I don’t agree with it.)

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

When your contest ends, please tubmail me so I can mark it as closed. Thx.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Question: is there a minimum BP amount to qualify for the E-Peen? I’m pretty fat on BP and I would like to carry out some mini-contests for my amusement… but Upping the peencount on some of my alts could be a welcome side-effect. I’m especially looking to have an in-character contest by SG94: it would be silly for her to do that without getting an E-Peen for it.

Beavis-Dragon

Level 56 Emo Kid

Douchebag to the Stars!!!!!!

I was wondering the same thing… I ran that contest yesterday and tubmailed ET and haven’t seen or heard anything.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

There’s no technical limit, but I’d say it needed to be at least a positive integer.

ET’s probably just busy, that happens to people. Give it time, the peen will come.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

I’ve added a rule:

“NOTE: It is at the discretion of any moderator whether the tone of the OP indicates trolling is allowed, even if the poster didn’t explicitly say it was.”

This is because I keep getting reports of people trolling in threads where the OP says things like “Expect me to be a male reproductive organ about the rules” or “you hereby acknowledge that you still cry at the end of Titanic and that your diet would consist entirely of Fritos if you weren’t so damn poor” or “I am usually on the toilet at 5:49pm on Wednesdays”. As far as I’m concerned, the OP is giving permission to troll by including statements like that. If you, as an OP, don’t want me to make bumumptions, it would be in your best interests to not use trolling words yourself, or to specify your desire explicitly.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

MC Banhammer Posted:

I’ve added a rule:

“NOTE: It is at the discretion of any moderator whether the tone of the OP indicates trolling is allowed, even if the poster didn’t explicitly say it was.”

This is because I keep getting reports of people trolling in threads where the OP says things like “Expect me to be a male reproductive organ about the rules” or “you hereby acknowledge that you still cry at the end of Titanic and that your diet would consist entirely of Fritos if you weren’t so damn poor” or “I am usually on the toilet at 5:49pm on Wednesdays”. As far as I’m concerned, the OP is giving permission to troll by including statements like that. If you, as an OP, don’t want me to make bumumptions, it would be in your best interests to not use trolling words yourself, or to specify your desire explicitly.

I knew I liked you for a reason.

Yes, I hoped that the tone of my post would translate to “I don’t mind trolling in this contest”. You’ll hear no complaints from me.

Indiana Jonas edited this message on 08/27/2008 11:54PM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Latest rule update:

A Contest is only a Contest if you are not getting anything of value (i.e., BP) for it. The reward for hosting a successful contest is the ePeen, as well as any side benefits (such as upping your Flamebate score, your Popularity score, etc.). If you want to host an event where you as well as someone else get BP, take it to either Ayn Rands or the role-playing forums.

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

As you know, I’ve just successfully held a contest for BP. How do I go about getting the E-Peen? Should I contact an admin?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!