Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Contest CLOSED: contest: write a story! (10 BP)

translationb-
ot 1point0

[01001011 01101100 -
01100001 01101110
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

EDIT

translationbot 1point0 edited this message on 06/22/2008 3:27PM

A second entry, this one untitled because I just couldn’t think of one.

Oh Zornal OcLose

Mage of the Rose

Clothed in robes of brown.

Dare you tread

with fear and dread

upon this sacred ground?

You grip your mace

and check your pace

in awe to look around.

For here lies your quest

a monumental test

given to you by the Crown.

Now calm trembling steed

which too feels the need

for safer climes to bound.

Then cast away doubt

and swing from your mount

with care for silence jump down.

Without fanfare or bluster

your courage you muster

visage fixed into a frown.

Start you now forward

heading steadily toward

your hopes of great reknown.

There the goal in sight

shimmering in golden light

and humming a magical sound.

You see the golden portal

you first of any mortal

spy its gaping maw so round.

Oh Zornal OcLose

Mage of the Rose

clothed in robes of brown.

You have dared enter

inside fearsome specter

But will you ever again be found?

Monkey in a suit with a gun edited this message on 06/22/2008 3:33PM

zigzagoon

Avatar: 28782 2011-07-31 12:19:07 -0400

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

alot of stories now Log in to see images! this will be fun to judge

somthing like one day remaining, i think!

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

i swear to god if i dont win i will make your life a living hell

-rocky-sadly-

[Brainfreeze]

Level 54 Emo Kid

“Emo Philips”

Good morning, people! Sit down, sit down! I’ve got a little story to tell you my dearies! A short story from within the depths of my bookshelf is all… Now sit, relax, listen to me, for I’ve got a story for you all!

There was once a young little boy. This boy was no ordinary boy. He had the power to spread happiness to others around him! Everyone relied on this happiness to have that spice in their life. And this boy did deliver. He would spend every day of his life hopping around town, making people happy. Everyone greeted him as he hopped by. Everyone would stop doing what they were doing for the moment and greet the young little fellow. As he hopped by, everyone is filled with happiness for the rest of the day.

However the little boy slowly became bored of his daily tasks, and soon contemplated of finding his own happiness. Sure, he can spread happiness to others, but can he make himself happy? No. He contemplated this thought for days to come. People greet him again and again. He hops around town again and again. As he does this he thinks, will this cycle ever end? Will these people find happiness of their own?

However, there was this one fateful day. While he was hopping around town, he met this girl. She had golden hair, and had the most beautiful eyes! Her face was pretty, and she had the most beautiful dress. And this girl not only greeted this boy, but asked how he was doing. Fancy that? No one ever asked the boy how he was doing. They thought a simple hello would suffice, actually. So this man, finished with his hopping for the day, replied to the girl. He said that he was doing fine. The girl simply smiled at him, and said her name. She was named Elayne. The boy thought it was a lovely name! He shook hands with her, and said his name as well, a thing that no one asked of him.

He was named Jack.

She simply giggled a bit. The two talked for a while, then the girl bid him farewell. The boy was happy when he finished the conversation. It’s like he was a new man! The next day, the boy continued his daily routine. He hopped happily and everyone greeted him on the way. At the end of his routine, the girl talked to him again. They chatted for a while, and the boy waved goodbye once more. The conversations at the end of the hopping became a part of his routine.

Months pbum, and the two became closer to each other. They want to organize a date together, but they can’t pull it off without Jack canceling his hopping activity. It would mean that he would need to stop spreading happiness for a day. Of course he pondered for a bit. What would happen if he would stop spreading happiness to the town? The people rely on the happiness the boy emanates, and he knows they can’t do without them. But then again, he needs a break, right? He does his hopping everyday with no break. Surely he must need a vacation for at least a day?

And so the date commences. And what a fine date it was! There were candlelights, roses, and everything! Jack has prepared so much for this. Then he sat down. He waited. And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

An hour has pbumed, and he starts to worry. He starts to run towards Elayne’s home. However when he goes outside, he sees that the town is a wreck. Everyone’s fighting. There were robbers everywhere. He ignores the ensuing chaos and rushes towards her house. There he sees her father beating her up. He punches his face, and he goes down. He carries Elayne to the Hospital. When he reaches it, though, everyone’s too angry to help. His friend is badly bruised. He carried her to one of the rooms, ignoring the ensuing chaos. He then thought for a moment. Why is this happening? Why is everybody killing each other? Why?

Then it hit him.

He stopped hopping.

As soon as he realized that, he started hopping. He hopped from the room of Elayne towards the exit of the Hospital. He hopped from there to here, from here to there, from here and there and everywhere. He spreads his happiness frantically to the townspeople. This time, they didn’t greet him. After hours of hopping, he was finally back in the hospital.

The personnel are now taking care of her. However there was one problem. She is now in a coma. Jack couldn’t see her anymore because of that. He can’t even see her because if he even stops hopping, the chaos would start again. And thus, he runs away, deeply saddened.

Jack hops around town sadly, ignoring the greetings of oncoming townspeople. He payed no heed to them, as if he even stops for a moment to talk, chaos will ensue. As each day pbumes, his life becomes duller and duller, until the day he finally died. And it was a sad day. I guess the old saying really is true.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

zigzagoon

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

submisions are now closed!

contestants:

emotion_bleeds

nanafabulous personjesus

orb

monkey in a suit with a gun

-rocky-sadly-

king krimson

king krimson (2nd entry)

mary misanthrope

the pyro

gentlemen

big brother

dope-hardcore-0

tangolho

inaneanomaly

monkey in a suit with a gun (2nd entry)

-rocky-sadly- (2nd entry)

i will go thru the storys and say what i think about them, and then anounce the winner!

zigzagoon

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

emotion_bleeds

your story about jimmy and the turd thingy, is short, but intresting!

nanafabulous personjesus

your story about the trout and banhammer together, it is very good! feels like they are meant for each other Log in to see images! i liked it

orb

your story about brett and an alien was short, but sweet! good work!

monkey in a suit with a gun

your story Bip Bop about the evil woman, was scary! really frightening Log in to see images!

-rocky-sadly-

your story about the agent that got captured, it was awsome! lots of action in it, i rly liked it!

king krimson

your story about the beginning of the world, it was cool! its like it is from the intro to a game or somthing!

king krimson (2nd entry)

your story about the robot lady, it was beatiful! very strong emotions in it!

———

to be continued!

Rick Ashley

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Once upon a time there was this lonely Zigzagoon. He was all alone crying one night when a trainer came up and said “Hey little buddy what’s wrong?” The Zigzagoon only replied with a low growl. The trainer picked the Zigzagoon up and stroked it’s fur gently “Let’s be the best of friends!” the trainer shouted. And they did. The end.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

There was once a little girl. Then she died. The end.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST Posted:

Math Rules

Level 2 Camwhore

“Like a Virgin”

I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:I thought this thread and its stories were ****in lame, so i posted this story:...

repeated over and over for ****in emphasis.

Rick Ashley

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Are you sure you meant to pick camwhore rather than troll?

Math Rules

Level 2 Camwhore

“Like a Virgin”

i thought what rick ashley said was dumb as that kind of attack has the element of surprize for camawhores so i posted this story:...

we all know what comes next

zigzagoon

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

mary misanthrope

your story about child abuse, it was creepy Log in to see images!

the pyro

your story about… um, something, i think it was funny!

gentlemen

you story about the demons and the death angels, it was impressive! vry good language and a cool battle in it, you showd that even a hero can be defeated! but i think it dident end good, it couldve had a stronger impact if the ending wasnt so sudden, but is still good!

big brother

your story about the chiken and the duck, it was rly weird! is like it has a hidden message or somthing!

dope-hardcore-0

your story about, um, philosphers i think, i dont understand :s but is looking interesting!

tangolho

your story about the brothers freeman, it was cool, but, he shot a policeman when he dident have a weapon? and i dont like that it ended with to be continued!

dope-hardcore-0 (2nd entry)

your story about space-time worms, this one was easyer to understand! but maybe this one could be a bit longer!

inaneanomaly

your story about the girl and the cat and the hooded figures, i think it was funny first, and then scary, and then it got all weird Log in to see images! would be better if you stayd in one style so it is consistant!

monkey in a suit with a gun (2nd entry)

your rhyming story about the mage of the rose, it was amazing! just the right length and also ended very good! a little odd rhythm here and there, but ovrall great work!

-rocky-sadly- (2nd entry)

your story about the hopping boy, it was sad Log in to see images!

zigzagoon

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

rick ashley and other, story is nice but submisions are closed, sorry!

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

zigzagoon

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

zigzagoon

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

THE FINAL RESULTS

first price winner: -rocky-sadly- for his agent story! it was very fun to read! you get 10 brownies!

also a runner-up: monkey in a suit with a gun for his rhyming story! very stylish! you get 5 brownies!

but you other contestants also wrote incredible stories! so each of you will get a few brownies as a consalation prize!

i will now send this stuff hold on a minute!

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

This was actually a pretty cool contest. gg. Log in to see images!

zigzagoon

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

hey nana your name is so ridiculously long the transfer thing is not working Log in to see images!

but all the other have recived their brownies now i think

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!