Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 90% penalty for a broken equipment?

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

I entered a forum with only 1 broken equipment (Baby Sealskin Overcoat) but I got a 90% ego penalty and got totally pwned Log in to see images!

Is it a bug?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

There’s a progression. The first time you enter it’s 20%, the 2nd time 40, etc. See the wiki entry.

badfish23

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Unless its the first time you entered with a broken equipment.

EDIT: MC is too quickLog in to see images! badfish23 edited this message on 06/09/2008 11:17AM

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

Yeah I know about the progression. I never got myself anything worse than 20% so I was quite surprised.

I believe it was the first forum I entered with the broken equipment.

It must be a bug, right?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

quangntenemy Posted:

Yeah I know about the progression. I never got myself anything worse than 20% so I was quite surprised.

I believe it was the first forum I entered with the broken equipment.

It must be a bug, right?

Sounds like it if you didn’t see the progression. I’d file a bug report if I were you.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

The progression happens when you enter a forum. If you leave it without entering any threads, your ego penalty still goes up, even though you haven’t pwned anything. It looks likely that this happened to you. This is part of a known bug that is hard to fix, unfortunately.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Try streaking and see if that changes anything (maybe a related bug if there is one at all). There’s also a wiki on that if you care to try.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Balloon Posted:

Try streaking and see if that changes anything (maybe a related bug if there is one at all). There’s also a wiki on that if you care to try.

Yup, same bug. The ego penalty should be updated upon actually engaging a forum, not just entering and leaving it.

DEAD FAGGOT edited this message on 06/09/2008 3:52PM

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

SG94 Posted:

The progression happens when you enter a forum. If you leave it without entering any threads, your ego penalty still goes up, even though you haven’t pwned anything. It looks likely that this happened to you. This is part of a known bug that is hard to fix, unfortunately.

Yeah, that’s exactly what happened.

By the way, while the bug can’t be fixed for now, there are other workarounds like showing a warning on the profile page everytime an equipment is broken, or displaying the equipment status right on the profile page (under secondary attributes maybe). What do you think?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!