Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Poll Poll: What's the best accelerant for the money?

Janie

[SRSLY]

Level 25 Emo Kid

I... HAERT TEH FIREFOX TOO!

Taking into account traceability, cost, ease of transport, etc. You know, just as a point of discussion…

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Avatar: Heat Seeking Moisture Missile's Avatar

Level 10 Troll

AKA Throbbing Thrill Hammer, Rod of God, and male reproductive organ

Nail polish remover.

Legal, comes in a small bottle, lights quickly, hard to trace.

EDIT: Of course, faking an electrical fire is better yet, much harder to trace. Just a little messing with the wiring and poof.

Heat Seeking Moisture Missile edited this message on 06/04/2008 7:15PM

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

What the hell’s an accelerant?

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

Evil Trout Posted:

THE GREAT MIND WHO CODES FORUMWARZ

Janie

[SRSLY]

Level 25 Emo Kid

Evil Trout Posted:

^^^Obviously, you’ve never set fires for attention. Not that I have or anything.

icwutudidthar

Avatar: 41011 Wed Apr 08 15:50:20 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 19 Troll

I LOVE GOTHZILLA'S male reproductive organ!

ILL TAKE “PAINT THINNER BOMB IN THE PANTRY” FOR THE WIN, ALEX

Janie

[SRSLY]

Level 25 Emo Kid

icwutudidthar Posted:

ILL TAKE “PAINT THINNER BOMB IN THE PANTRY” FOR THE WIN, ALEX

That might scream “ARSON”, though, right?

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

acetone is hardly subtle and is easy as hell to detect

Goth_Jesus

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Evil Trout Posted:

My thoughts exactly. Now I don’t feel dumb.

Unless you were joking. Actually, come to think of it, I feel pretty dumb regardless.

icwutudidthar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 19 Troll

ITS THE OPPOSITE OF A RETARDANT.

SHEESH

icwutudidthar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 19 Troll

Vuron Posted:

acetone is hardly subtle and is easy as hell to detect

you would use MEK or a similar super hot burning ethyl base

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Level 10 Troll

Just hire someone to do it.

Hell I’d do it cheap.

I like fires, fires are fun.

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

a race car accelerates fast Log in to see images!

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Level 10 Troll

crayoncakes Posted:

a race car accelerates fast Log in to see images!

Yes they do!

OK Anyway, I was serious.

If you hire someone to do it, it’s harder to trace back to you, then if you do it yourself and leave any traces of yourself behind accidentally.

Janie

[SRSLY]

Level 25 Emo Kid

fenk the evil midnight stabber Posted:

Yes they do!

OK Anyway, I was serious.

If you hire someone to do it, it’s harder to trace back to you, then if you do it yourself and leave any traces of yourself behind accidentally.

Yeah, but then I (or whoever, you know), can’t be sure that someone will leave something that will trace back to him or her, then roll over and turn evidence on my to save him or herself. You have to have control over the thing, I think.

Shoop Da Woop

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

MAGNIFYING GLbum + THE SUN

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Level 10 Troll

It’s all about plausible deniability.

I’ll start your fire for you if you want, just let me know.

I’ve done this before. I KNOW what I am doing.

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Level 10 Troll

My top twenty favorites. I offer this as proof that I KNOW what I am doing.

This is my own personal handy guide.

Also, notice that acetone is listed as my number one accelerant, (which I already mentioned when I said nail polish remover).

1. Acetone – (dimethyl ketone, 2-propanone), (C3H6O), flash point -4 degrees F (-20 degrees C); ignition temperature 869 degrees F (465.4 degrees C); explosive limits 2.6%-13.0%; vapor density 2.0; specific gravity 0.792; toxicity (3). A volatile, flammable, colorless, liquid ketone having a fragrant odor and miscible with water, alcohol, and most oils. Principal uses are as a solvent in lacquers, varnishes, cosmetics, nail polish remover, and in the mixture of other solvents.

2. Carbon Disulfide – (carbon disulfide), (CS2) flash point -22 degrees F (-30 degrees C); ignition temperature 212 degrees F (100 degrees C); explosive limits 1.3% to 50%; vapor density 2.6; specific gravity 1.26; toxicity (2). A volatile, flammable, colorless to yellow liquid with a rotten egg odor. Carbon Disulfide, unlike most of the other common ignitable liquids, is heavier than water and will sink.

3. Coleman Fuel – (Coleman fuel C-2538, white gasoline, camping stove fuel, camping lantern fuel); (chemical formula – Coleman fuel is a mixture of hydrocarbons & doesn’t have a single formula); flash point -27 degrees F (-33 degrees C); ignition temperature – not reported; explosive limit LEL is 0.7% – UEL not reported; vapor density 3.7; specific gravity .744; toxicity (3). A straight run, unrefined, petroleum distillate used in camping stoves and lanterns. Camp stove fuels in general have a carbon range of C5 – C11.

4. Ethyl Alcohol – (ethanol, grain alcohol), (C2H5OH), flash point 55 degrees F (13 degrees C); ignition temp. 689 degrees F (365 degrees C); explosive limits 3.5%-19.0%; vapor density 1.6; specific gravity 0.8; toxicity (0). A volatile, flammable, colorless liquid having a pleasant odor and miscible in water and many organic liquids. Principal uses are in alcoholic beverages, as a solvent in pharmaceuticals, cleaning preparations, and some antifreezes.

5. Ethyl Ether – (ether, diethyl ether), (C2H5)2O, flash point -49 degrees F (-45 degrees C); ignition temperature 356 degrees F (180 degrees C); explosive limits 1.9% – 36%; vapor density 2.6; specific gravity 0.7; toxicity (2). A volatile, highly flammable, colorless liquid which forms explosive peroxides under the influence of air and light and has a sweetish odor and is slightly miscible in water, methanol, and oils. Principle uses as a solvent in organic synthesis, smokeless powder and industrial solvents.

6. Fuel oil no. 1- (kerosene, range oil, coal oil, Jet – A (aviation) fuel); Chemical formula is a carbon range of C9 – C17; flash point 110 degrees F – 162 degrees F (42 degrees C – 72 degrees C); ignition temp. 410 degrees F (210 degrees C); explosive limits 0.7% – 5%; vapor density .7 – 5; specific gravity 0.81; Toxicity (3). A colorless, combustible, straight run petroleum distillate liquid having a characteristic odor miscible in petroleum solvents and immiscible in water. Principal uses as an ingredient in lamp oils, charcoal starter fluids, jet engine fuels and insecticides. K-1 kerosene has a low sulfur content and is used in portable space heaters.

7. Fuel oil no. 2 (home heating fuel, diesel fuel), Chemical formula is a carbon range of C9 – C23, flash point 126 degrees F-204 degrees F (52 degrees C- 96 degrees C); ignition temperature 494F (257C); explosive limits – not reported; vapor density greater than 1; specific gravity less than 1; toxicity (3). A light brown, combustible, straight run or cracked petroleum distillate consisting mostly of C9 – C23 range hydrocarbons. Principal uses include heating fuel in domestic or commercial atomizing type burners and as a fuel in diesel engines.

8. Gasoline – (gas, motor fuel) Chemical formula – gasoline is a blended mixture of aromatic and aliphatic hydrocarbons; flash point -45 degrees F (-43 degrees C); ignition temp. 536 degrees F (280 degrees C) for 56 – 60 octane grade; explosive limits 1.4%-7.6%; vapor density 3.0 – 4.0; specific gravity 0.8; Toxicity (3). A highly flammable, blended liquid composed of more than 300 volatile hydrocarbon compounds manufactured from the fractionation or distillation of petroleum. Gasoline is the most commonly identified ignitable liquid accelerant reported by American forensic laboratories. Its principal use is as a fuel in spark ignited, internal combustion engines.

9. Isopropyl alcohol- (IPA, isopropanol, 2-propanol), (CH3 CHOHCH3), flash point 54 degrees F (12 degrees C); ignition temp. 750 degrees F (399 degrees C); explosive limits 2.5%-12.0%; vapor density 2.1; and specific gravity 0.79; Toxicity (3). A colorless, flammable liquid which is miscible in water, ether, and alcohol and having a pleasant odor. Principal uses as an ingredient in lacquers, rubbing alcohol, denaturant and lotions.

10. Kerosene – Refer to Fuel Oil #1. Kerosene is identical to Fuel Oil #1 from an investigator’s standpoint.

11. Lacquer – Composition and properties of this category of product vary by manufacturer. A spirit varnish such as shellac; any of clear or colored synthetic organic coatings that typically dry to form a film by evaporation of the solvent.

12. Lacquer Thinner – A mixture of highly volatile solvents, miscible in water, of varying composition and properties depending on the manufacturer.

13. Methyl alcohol (methanol, wood alcohol) (CH3OH); flash point 54 degrees F (12 degrees C); ignition temp. 867 degrees F (484 degrees C); explosive limits 6.7% – 36%; vapor density 1.1; specific gravity 0.79; toxicity (4). A colorless, flammable, poisonous liquid having a slight alcohol odor when pure, miscible in water, ethanol, ketones and most other organic solvents. Principal uses as an ingredient in antifreeze, dry gas, windshield washer fluids and as a denaturant in ethanol.

14. Methyl ethyl ketone (MEK,2-butanone) (CH3COCH2CH3); flash point 16 degrees F ( -9 degrees C); ignition temp. 759 degrees F (404 degrees C); explosive limits 1.9%-10.0%; vapor density 2.5; specific gravity O.8; and toxicity (3). A colorless, flammable liquid having an acetone-like odor miscible in alcohol, ether, and slightly soluble in water. Principal use as a solvent in nitrocellulose coatings and lacquers, paint removers, cements and adhesives and in the manufacture of printed circuit boards.

15. Mineral Spirits (see paint thinner)

16. Naphtha (V M & P) A general term which may describe combustible products such as mineral spirits or flammable products such as petroleum ether. The IAAI Forensic Science Committee recommends that the term be avoided. Principle uses of products in this clbum include thinner in paints and varnishes and as a fuel for pocket lighters. Flash point, explosive limits and other properties vary by manufacturer.

17. Paint Thinner (mineral spirits), Paint thinner or mineral spirits is a complex petroleum distillate; flash point range is listed as 104 degrees F (40 degrees C) – 110 degrees F (43 degrees C); ignition temperature 473 degrees F (245 degrees C); explosive limits 0.8% @ 212 degrees F (100 degrees C); vapor density 3.9; specific gravity 0.8; toxicity (3). A category of clear, combustible liquid having petroleum type odor. Mineral spirits are midrange petroleum distillates ranging from C8 to C12 which is present in many paint thinners, oil base stains, dry cleaning solvents, and some brands of charcoal starter fluids. There may be slight variations in the chemical information provided for different manufacturers.

18. Toluene (methylbenzene, phenylmethane) (C6H5CH3); flash point 40 degrees F (4 degrees C); ignition temp. 896 F (480 degrees C); explosive limits 1.3% -7.0%; vapor density 3.1; specific gravity 0.8; toxicity (2). A colorless, flammable liquid with a benzene-like odor, miscible in alcohol, ether, acetone and very slightly soluble in water. Principal use as a solvent in paints and coatings, paint removers, explosives (TNT), adhesive solvent for model airplanes, and as a base for polyurethane resins.

19. Turpentine (oil of turpentine) (C10H16) – The chemical formula varies with the manufacturer; flash point 90 degrees F-115 degrees F (32 degrees C – 46 degrees C); ignition temp. 488 degrees F (253 degrees C); explosive limit (LEL) .8% – (UEL) not reported ; vapor density less then 1; specific gravity 0.8; toxicity (4). A colorless, combustible liquid derived from steam distillation of wood from pine (conifer) trees. Turpentine is miscible in oils, ether, and chloroform. Principal uses are as a drying agent or as a solvent for thinners of paints, lacquers, varnishes and used in wax-based polishes and liniments. It is also used to manufacture certain linoleums, soap, ink, artificial campour and rubber.

20. Xylenes – (dimethylbenzene) C6H4 (CH3)2; flash point 29 degrees F ( – 2 degrees C) ; ignition temperature 867 degrees F (464 degrees C); explosive limits – not reported (moderate fire risk) ; vapor density > 1; specific gravity 0.86; toxicity (4). A colorless, flammable liquid miscible in alcohol and ether, insoluble in water. Xylene is isolated from crude wood distillate or obtained from fractional distillation of petroleum or coal tar. Commercial xylene is a mixture of three isomers, o-, m-, and p-xylene, the m-isomer predominates. Xylenes, a common chemical, are used for conversion to polyester fibers and plasticizers in the plastic industry, in aviation gasoline, rubber cements, automotive enamels, paints and lacquers, and a variety of other commercial applications.

Heat Seeking Moisture Missile edited this message on 06/04/2008 7:59PM

Janie

[SRSLY]

Level 25 Emo Kid

What makes you think I want a fire started? Gheesh! Start a conversation to liven things up and everyone jumps to conclusions!

200KillerWas-
ps

Avatar: 28280 Fri Dec 12 03:48:27 -0500 2008

Level 37 Troll

Don't caek me bro!

If you were to start a small fire (accidentally), then (clumsily) spill brandy on it, then I’m sure you would get way with it ‘cos it was an accident, wasn’t it?

Far as I know, brandy, grappa etc aren’t illegal substances and they are usually just sitting there in the average home, hint hint…

“The thing’s hollow – it goes on forever – and – oh my God – it’s full of mammary glands!” – Dave Bowman

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!