Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Feature Interview with Jalapeno Bootyhole

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

While the interview is in another thread, I’m making this one for the sake of organization.

——

L2 Posted:

A dumb re-re called “CAPTAIN POP” or sumthing did one of theze awhile ago, but was just j/k. Log in to see images!

So I thought it would be kool to do a real one. Log in to see images!

First subject: MUSIC. Wut do you listen to when youre not sodomizing the rest of teh CZ crew? Log in to see images!

(PS: Pleaze dont tell us wut you listen to when u ARE sodomizing. tmi, my frend, tmi.)

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

I agree the original thread was superior, but it seemed to being doing fine without me. Besides, what kind of example would I be setting if I let myself get baited by some noob?

Anyway, thanks for opening up this dialog. Keep in mind that there’s gonna a podcast tomorrow at some point, so you’ll get a much more candid outlook of our team.

As far as music is concerned, I’ve always had very diverse tastes. Right now I tend to be into the more garage-y side of indie rock…lo-fi, sometimes psychedelic, and with a bit of alt-country twang. “Nuggets”-era and Stooges soundalikes, basically. Poppy, fun, dumb, with some grit.

I like a lot of heavier rock…punk, hardcore, even a bit of that screamo stuff. There’s always a special place in my heart for doom/stoner metal. You mentioned Clutch in PANTS’ music thread, right. That’s one of my favorite bands of all-bum time.

Being a white suburbanite, I naturally also gravitate towards hip-hop of all kinds. And I also love old-school ska, rocksteady, dub. I’ve recently discovered Afrobeat (essentially anyone with the last name Kuti). Jazz, too, when I want to feel clbumy.

I dig various electronic stuffs. Breaks, drum ‘n bbum, electro. I can get down with house if it’s the right venue, but I still prefer a good mosh pit over any club.

Long enough answer, huh? What can I say, I hate all music. Log in to see images!

L2 Posted:

Cool. And yeah, Clutch has been one of my favorite bands for years. Their pre-Elephant Riders is work is a bit tough to get into, but everything from that album on up is an amazing mix of blues, hard-rock, and other genres. There writing and wordplay skills are easily on par with artists like Barenaked Ladies and Beck. Really, they’re the only band that can put a “Guaranteed Rock Satisfaction” sticker on their albums.

As a guitarist (I own a Fender Telecaster), I try my best to listen to any genre. My favorite mainstream acts include Powerman 5000, Beck, Barenaked Ladies, Clutch, Filter, Killswitch Engage, etc., while I also listen to bands outside of the mainstream like Tub Ring (I’m probably going to see these guys live in a couple weeks), Behold the Arctopus, etc.

Next topic – video games.

The best video games ever are No More Heroes, Zombies Ate My Neighbors!, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, and Sonic 3 w/ Knuckles. Disagree if you’re a fabulous person. Log in to see images!

Right on dude. But I’d say my fave Clutch album was self-titled. I like Killswitch Engage a lot too, I saw them in Berlin in ‘02.

Video games: This is gonna sound lame, but at least I can’t disagree with you! I’ve never heard of any of those.

I haven’t owned a console since the original NES. I played a ton of **** as a kid, but I’m not hugely knowledgeable about the last few generations of games. I do get to sample a lot of my friends’ stuff, especially thanks to Evil Trout. The GTA series is fantastic. I like anything with both strong narrative and plenty of pointless murder. The best game of all time, IMHO, is Shadowrun for Sega Genesis.

I also like the straight 2D street-fighting killage, but that seems to be kinda pbumé these days…

L2 Posted:

Right on dude. But I’d say my fave Clutch album was self-titled. I like Killswitch Engage a lot too, I saw them in Berlin in ‘02.

I can see that. Self-titled definitely had some gems, especially “Spacegrbum”. Alongside “Careful With That Mic” and maybe “10001110101”, “Spacegrbum” is probably one of their masterpieces.

Going back to music for a second…Jack White and Tom Morello. Probably the two coolest guitarists in the modern rock scene.

Play “No More Heroes”, right now. Then pick up “Killer 7” for the Gamecube, by the same director. ****ing amazing stuff.

The GTA series is fantastic. I like anything with both strong narrative and plenty of pointless murder. The best game of all time, IMHO, is Shadowrun for Sega Genesis.

Next topic…beards. I have one, you have one…your mother has one. What makes a cool beard, and what’s the best style?

I’ll check out that game. I like the idea of “no more heroes” in general, as it was a great ‘77 punk tune. And I generally agree with the Marxist critique of “heroism,” in that it’s vastly overblown by our culture.

Except for me, of course. I’m a hero. Your hero.

I am your hero.

Let’s cleverly segue from Marxism into a discussion of beards. Me, I don’t have one anymore. Went and shaved it off a few days ago.

I like to let my facial hair grow out once in a while, mostly because I’m extremely lazy. It’s often less about style than it is representative of something for me, at any given time. Maybe it’s part of the great Canadian hockey tradition of growing a horrible-looking “playoff beard.” My last one was out of “protest” for the ****ty weather we’ve been having. A refusal to do my spring cleaning while it’s still winter, you know? But now that’s it’s hot out, I shaved that **** off and will do my best to maintain a constant state of scruffiness. I’m going for that 1980s George Michael permastubble look, which is okay because back then no one thought he was gay.

Segueing into homosexuality, all this is moot if you were talking about a ”beard” all this time. I don’t have one of those either. You say you have one? Hey, good for you! At least some (extremely gullible) people think you’re getting laid. Log in to see images!

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

L2 Posted:

I’ll check out that game. I like the idea of “no more heroes” in general, as it was a great ‘77 punk tune. And I generally agree with the Marxist critique of “heroism,” in that it’s vastly overblown by our culture.

I think that’s part of what SUDA51 was going for with No More Heroes, alongside a commentary on the nature of cliches in the media. Once again, play Killer7 after No More Heroes, it’s an AMAZING political commentary, alongside being a commentary on relations and differences between the Eastern and Western worlds, specifically Japan and America.

I agree on the Marxist critique of heroism in that the term is more often used as a tool or, a loaded phrase, than as a term of endearment. Especially politically. It’s one of those words that’s said more for the feeling it invokes in people rather than the ideology – when a presidential candidate calls Iraq veterans, fire fighters, etc., heroes, people don’t appeal to him for using a generic definition of the word, they appeal to him because what he says makes them feel prideful, and in that way, they feel good. Essentially, it’s mis attribution theory.

Me, I don’t have one anymore. Went and shaved it off a few days ago.

You’ll be much more popular at the local gay bars, I’m sure.

Next question…making FWZ better.

Do this:

SHOP: “Alien Crash Site”, “Area 51”…something related to aliens, or even ghosts or some other stupid ****.

FOR SALE (for Flezz): Abilities. Special equipment (cycling, like in the Ppwn Shoppe). E-Peen. In short, a special shop through which CZ can give us new, unique content without having to make an entirely new episode.

RESULT: Mbumive Flezz sink, allowing more movement on the leaderboards and smaller stockpiles of flezz going into new episodes.

Also, signatures. Mine is awesome, yours sucks. What makes a good forum signature?

”Misattribution theory” sounds interesting. I’m going to look into that.

As for your pet idea, I admit it’s good. And we do want to introduce more such dynamic, cyclical content in the future. Right now the big priority is getting a testable version of Episode 2 together. After that wraps up, new features like the one you suggested can be injected into the gameplay piecemeal, over time.

Sigs…do I have a sig? If I wasn’t disabling right now, it’d be the one designed by -Ghost-. I like it.

I’ve made it no secret that I believe the (newly grammatical) “male reproductive organMONGLER” message should either be optional or removed altogether, but I’m gonna plead my case at the next meeting. I’ve also expressed my belief that we should limit the size of sigs, because there are some mbumive ones.

Basically, any series of giant flashing pictures is bound render a site NSFW, if only because it’s incredibly conspicuous and suspicious. If you quickly want to check on how a thread is going at work, there’s no way you can keep them enabled.

So I guess, to me the “best” sigs would be static, tasteful and minimalist. They should express your unique personality. But you should really change it every few months, like underwear.

L2 Posted:

”Misattribution theory” sounds interesting. I’m going to look into that.

Essentially, me misattribute our emotions onto different sources. For instance, if you take a date to a horror or action movie that gets their heart racing, they may think you’re the reason for it. There’s an experiment [urlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misattribution_of_Arousal]here[/url].

Basically, any series of giant flashing pictures is bound render a site NSFW, if only because it’s incredibly conspicuous and suspicious. If you quickly want to check on how a thread is going at work, there’s no way you can keep them enabled.

So I guess, to me the “best” sigs would be static, tasteful and minimalist. They should express your unique personality. But you should really change it every few months, like underwear.

I pretty much agree, though with a site that’s as accepting of content as FWZ, a “turn-off signatures” option seems more viable.

Moving into more FWZ related questions…what goes into writing dialogue for this site? Is it difficult to write conversations without going off-the-handle in cheesiness?

We do have a disable sigs option…that’s what causes the “male reproductive organmongler” message to appear. (I think?)

Writing NPC convos: Well, Trout created an ingenious conversation tree editor just for this purpose (there are screenshots out there) and while it takes some time to get used to, it’s very intuitive. He recently improved things by making it more keyboard-friendly and increasing its speed — previously, it would take several seconds to save each component of a conversation to our dev server.

As far as avoiding cheesiness…I don’t know, I’m sure a lot of it is pretty cheesy! I’m tough on myself. While I strive to make sure the chats are reasonably interesting, funny, realistic and well-paced, I’m never, ever satisfied. And since I’m aware of the brick wall you can hit as far as imagination and funniness, I actually think it’d be better to fly off the handle more often. I tend to restrain myself because I’m concerned about other factors, like making sure it’s coherent, that there are choices, the option to skip ahead, etc, all while trying to convey some surprising aspects of the personality of the bug****s messaging you.

Fortunately, I have Trout, Bingebot and Abdullah offering their input, because they can be truly warped sometimes.

L2 Posted:

That makes sense. Sometimes when I’m writing dialogue for something, I’ll get way to into it and realize “hey, I have to cut at least have this stuff out, or else it’ll suck”. But I think the hallmark of any good artist is in feeling your work is never good enough.

I really picked a bad time to do this, with the Podcast coming up, so I’ll try to do another one after Episode 2. So I’ll ask just a couple more questions…

What can we expect from upcoming equipment? Nothing to spoilerish, of course, but will we being seeing unique item abilities beyond modification of stats? Something like…”+3 ego restoration a turn” or “Deals 3 damage to a thread every turn if you’re evil”?

Thanks for the opportunity, dude, I appreciated it. We’ll have a lot to say during the podcast, I imagine.

So this isn’t exactly the kind of “spoiler” material you wanted, but I guess I can admit it: a lot of the attributes of new items and attacks haven’t quite been decided on yet. Log in to see images!

We have a lot of concepts in place. And we definitely want to have more unique and complex properties for new equipment, like the ones you suggested. But as you can imagine, they’re bound to wreak havoc on clbum balancing. So while you will see more of that in Ep 2, there’s a good chance it’ll be heavily tweaked from one release to the next. Our alpha and beta testers will let us know just how badly we screwed things up.

Also, a big thanks to everyone reading this! You must be having a painfully boring day.

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 edited this message on 05/31/2008 8:36PM

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

too much and text and made by l2 not gonna bother to read it peace out homies

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Exact copy of active thread why?

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

There was discussion going on outside of the interview, I made this for the sake of organization.

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

Dumb.

Click here to give me internets!

View/click my draginz please

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Marking for information gathering

the Remainder

Avatar: 98830 2009-10-13 03:06:01 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 27 Emo Kid

“Lopsided McHaircut”

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

Fingerz Posted:

Marking for information gathering

Click here to give me internets!

View/click my draginz please

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!