Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Boobs Can we please change the endtime of domination rounds?

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

i admit i am interested in seeing where a card-free theme week goes

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

i just don’t see how that could work. you’d have to throw the cards out early and subject yourself to so many attacks that shields become worthless

Right now the no scoops until the last minute the enable shields and burn modests is basically the only way to effectively compete. Considering you could likely script the whole process of spending modests you could likely wait until the last minute or two every round and as long as you had more modests than anyone else you could get mins every week.

I understand people want domination to be utterly predictable but currently it makes domination rather boring. A predictable endgame really limits it’s appeal to a large percentage of the userbase. Considering the idea should be growing the community rather than shrinking it I think a variety of ideas that increase the randomness and thus the fun aspect of the game would be smart to incorporate.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

its hard to script it because each card has its own number.

the entire thing could also be fixed by somehow limiting attack cards. thats the only reason it becomes a modest improvement run, anyway.

again it’d come down to last minute pistachio and lemon runs, instead then. just as predictable.

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 05/30/2008 8:51PM

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

all these suggestions sound like people have never played n the top bracket.

that bracket is all about cards, otherwise it would be whoever could do the best lemon/pistachio run at the last minute, EVERY WEEK.

obviously it’s all about the cards. that’s the problem, the whole round comes down to the last two minutes. What’s wrong with the idea of having a limited hand? As far as I can see that that takes care of the worst of the problem, still allows for some last minute ninja’ing. I honestly don’t see any downside, besides that it would completely mess up the way domination is currently played.

But that’s okay because the way it is currently played is basically broken.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

MC Banhammer Posted:

2) Limit the number of cards a player can hold to something like 5. You’d be forced to use them throughout the week if you wanted to while still being able to do some last-minute ninja-ing, but the impact wouldn’t be a strong in that last minute.

It’s a good idea but I think shields shouldn’t count towards the 5… maybe peeping tom either.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

BirdofPrey Posted:

obviously it’s all about the cards. that’s the problem, the whole round comes down to the last two minutes. What’s wrong with the idea of having a limited hand? As far as I can see that that takes care of the worst of the problem, still allows for some last minute ninja’ing. I honestly don’t see any downside, besides that it would completely mess up the way domination is currently played.

But that’s okay because the way it is currently played is basically broken.

i disagree that its broken, but a limit of cards to some respectable number would still be workable.

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

i disagree that its broken, but a limit of cards to some respectable number would still be workable.

the way it is now you basically have to be around at one very specific time of the week to have any real chance of winning. If that isn’t broken, I don’t know what is.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

maybe get rid of bumhole cards. then that wouldn’t be the case.

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

maybe get rid of bumhole cards. then that wouldn’t be the case.

Actually I think this is a very good point. Either that or make them appear much much less often then they do. If there were no bumhole cards it would be more worthwhile for players to build up a large number of scoops rather then turn everything into cards until the very end.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I’m for reducing bumhole frequency. A good compromise solution.

Hythloday

Avatar: 46087 Thu Oct 16 17:16:30 -0400 2008

Level 18 Hacker

Ghost in the Machine

Objection:
bumhole cards are the great equalizer.
The everyman's desperate answer to organized klan raids.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

well isn’t the great equalization what causes the “brokeness” of top bracket domination, and what forces people to ninja?

do we really need an equalizer so those that won’t put in greater effort are on common ground with those who will?

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 05/31/2008 12:27AM

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

Hythloday Posted:

Objection:
bumhole cards are the great equalizer.
The everyman's desperate answer to organized klan raids.

except the equalizer doesn’t work. during klan raids people just put all their scoops into cards, and nobody gets the opportunity to use the bumholes.

Hythloday

Level 18 Hacker

Ghost in the Machine

do we really need an equalizer so those that won’t put in greater effort are on common ground with those who will?

Answer:
Yes.

Explanation:
Not a case of "greater effort," but of "more time on hands." Raiding is not a skill function.

Suggestion:
Time between cards or limiting cards held would better fix late night card rushes.

Vuron

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

bumhole cards are a nice way for unklanned players to influence the course of domination. They might not be able to compete with klan vanilla raids but they can influence the course of events.

I think one idea for leveling the playing field would be to create a card that allows you to attack cards in another player’s hand. It would be random as to which one you destroy but it would allow people to attack other players hoarding shield and modests.

Hythloday

Level 18 Hacker

Ghost in the Machine

BirdofPrey Posted:

except the equalizer doesn’t work. during klan raids people just put all their scoops into cards, and nobody gets the opportunity to use the bumholes.

Suggestion:
Shatter the Shield. Grants far too much power in greater numbers.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

what do you even mean? shields already get “shattered” one at a time from any attack.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

Hythloday Posted:

Explanation:
Not a case of "greater effort," but of "more time on hands." Raiding is not a skill function.

potato/potato, right? i mean investing time = effort.

Vuron

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

I think that what he’s trying to say is that currently it’s far to easy to hide behind a shell of shields that only become active in the last 15-20 minutes of play. In that case even a concerted effort by other serious players is unlikely to break the shell.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

indeed, its the only way to do it with the amount of bumholes that fly around these days.

i generally get with with 15-17 in the last few minutes of gameplay, making such a thing a necessity, to win.

however thats working as intended. they were only recently added because a rain of bumholes could make working towards winning a waste of time.

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 05/31/2008 12:43AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!