Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Board Games Boss Fights and other things

LemGambino

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I’ve wondered how these could be implemented. Since you’re fighting one person and not a thread, the battle system should be slightly different.

I pictured a system somewhat similar to summoning monsters in YuGiOh or Phantasy Star Online III (minus the cards). You and your opponent would try to hack each other by summoning bots/viruses/popups and move them around like troops ala Advance Wars or similar. Perhaps this platform could also be a basis for PvP too outside of Domination.

Other things I considered are status effects, such as popups lowering attack effectiveness/accuracy, some kind of poison effect that could sap your ego each turn, firewalls that could block certain skills…Basically, give the later threads extra options for attacking outside of just normal blows.

What do you guys think?

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

I could see IM battles, or maybe battling the admin after the rest of the forum’s been pwnd.

LemGambino

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

L2 Posted:

I could see IM battles, or maybe battling the admin after the rest of the forum’s been pwnd.

Combine the two—the admin IMs you over sTalk and attempts to hack you to death, hence that leads to the aforementioned battlefield game, but I’m still unsure of how that’s going to work out.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

or maybe your idea is terrible and that you should leave it to people who pretend to know what they’re doing for a living

that last phrase is horrifically phrased and you are welcome

LemGambino

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Way to stay in character. XP

Maybe you should get clbum-specific units in the boss fights, now that I mention it…That could be interesting.

LemGambino

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Lara Croft Posted:

Having endured RL rants from my friends over MSN, that would be a sweet idea. Prolly work like the duels from Suikoden V or some other shiz. I can totally see the minister of PrayPal attacking you with all this religious crap, and laying down an epic guilt trip.

I can picture these “IM Duels” as PvP battles against CPU-controlled NPCs, in that they can use similar attacks and items just like you, and some story bosses could use specific attacks like in PSOIII (it’s a card game, lawls) to screw you up. I think it would be a great idea to implement something like this in episode two if we can. Seriously.

This is going in the Suggestions thread. Log in to see images!

Draconos

Level 15 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

It seems like an intresting idea, but with the way the game is structured is seems like it would be difficult to implement.

LemGambino

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Draconos Posted:

It seems like an intresting idea, but with the way the game is structured is seems like it would be difficult to implement.

Fight a boss after pwning a forum, how difficult is that? But I’ll admit it will take some coding know-how, tho it shouldn’t be that difficult to add in.

Veer

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

Boss battles are still, and will continue to be, bad ideas. The game does not support boss battles. And they don’t make sense. You fight forums, not bosses. The closest thing to a boss battle in the game is the 200 HP threads in Headbanger’s.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Veer Posted:

Boss battles are still, and will continue to be, bad ideas. The game does not support boss battles. And they don’t make sense. You fight forums, not bosses. The closest thing to a boss battle in the game is the 200 HP threads in Headbanger’s.

But there are more of them then the weak ones.

The way I invision a Boss Battle is that in the last thread, only some sort of boss posts, and he is better then the rest of the forum at ego-destruction.

Melted Fish

[Arse Ticklers fabulous persons Fanclub]

Level 60 Troll

“Grendel”

I dunno. I think it’d be kind of cool if you had a different kind of forum-fight—-where, like, you were trying to sway an audience, and

as fabulous persony as this sounds, think a parallel from Pokemon

The contest, as opposed to battling.

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

The idea of having an IM battle with a ****ed admin amuses me. You could make it similar to the insult swordfights in Monkey Island, where you have to retort whenever he attempts to insult you. If you lose, the admin laughs at you and restores the forum to its previous state. If you win, the admin bows down to your incredible pwning skills and you receive lots of cred.

Of course, these boss fights should be used very rarely, and only in the story mode. We don’t want them in regular forums where they get old fast and mess up Domination.

Veer

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

Nillo Posted:

The idea of having an IM battle with a ****ed admin amuses me. You could make it similar to the insult swordfights in Monkey Island, where you have to retort whenever he attempts to insult you. If you lose, the admin laughs at you and restores the forum to its previous state. If you win, the admin bows down to your incredible pwning skills and you receive lots of cred.

Of course, these boss fights should be used very rarely, and only in the story mode. We don’t want them in regular forums where they get old fast and mess up Domination.

you are like the anti-big brother Log in to see images!

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

Veer Posted:

you are like the anti-big brother Log in to see images!

LemGambino

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

You guys are just skeptical because you haven’t tried it yet. Just give it a chance, who knows. ET might agree…He could be working on it right now!

Gene Hackman

Avatar: 45667 Mon Mar 09 04:05:35 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Edit. OOps

Gene Hackman edited this message on 06/24/2008 1:11AM

Veer

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

LemGambino Posted:

You guys are just skeptical because you haven’t tried it yet. Just give it a chance, who knows. ET might agree…He could be working on it right now!

the only good suggestion itt was nillo’s Log in to see images!

Golbez

Level 8 Re-Re

Veer Posted:

the only good suggestion itt was nillo’s Log in to see images!

I’d have to agree with this.

zenon

Avatar: 44571 2012-05-16 20:18:28 -0400

[I Got Nothin]

Level 42 Troll

“Banned Camper”

Nillo Posted:

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/4108?page=4

Check my post, I pretty much explained how I feel duels/bosses should work there.

as for what environment the boss/duel should take place, I think it should be either like one last forum or a incit style IRC

no community boss fights?! what the hell are you thinking man? XXS & FBO is one thing considering they are both storyline based, but bosses/duels aren’t so “Attached” to the storyline, it wouldn’t make sense to make them storyline exclusive, and it would make multiplayer more boring.

note that the eight/four (or hell even twelve) forum “refresh time” I suggested for bosses, that should make it less predictable (although It could potentially screw up domination… then again a predictable game is a boring game IMO.)

LemGambino

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

zenon Posted:

as for what environment the boss/duel should take place, I think it should be either like one last forum or a incit style IRC

no community boss fights?! what the hell are you thinking man? XXS & FBO is one thing considering they are both storyline based, but bosses/duels aren’t so “Attached” to the storyline, it wouldn’t make sense to make them storyline exclusive, and it would make multiplayer more boring.

note that the eight/four (or hell even twelve) forum “refresh time” I suggested for bosses, that should make it less predictable (although It could potentially screw up domination… then again a predictable game is a boring game IMO.)

I like your idea of bosses taking place in a separate area from a forum, like in No More Heroes (at the end of a level is a save point before you reach the boss). I was just thinking a boss taking place after/during a dungeon forum would be more challenging and rewarding. But since so many people see to be against it… =P

EDIT: Your faction idea is very WoW-ish, I like it. The multiplayer scene could use a kick in the pants (if you get my drift). Log in to see images! LemGambino edited this message on 06/24/2008 2:15PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!