Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

zenon

Avatar: 44571 2012-05-16 20:18:28 -0400

[I Got Nothin]

Level 42 Troll

“Banned Camper”

Nillo Posted:

The idea of having an IM battle with a ****ed admin amuses me. You could make it similar to the insult swordfights in Monkey Island, where you have to retort whenever he attempts to insult you. If you lose, the admin laughs at you and restores the forum to its previous state. If you win, the admin bows down to your incredible pwning skills and you receive lots of cred.

Of course, these boss fights should be used very rarely, and only in the story mode. We don’t want them in regular forums where they get old fast and mess up Domination.

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/4108?page=4

Check my post, I pretty much explained how I feel duels/bosses should work there.

as for what environment the boss/duel should take place, I think it should be either like one last forum or a incit style IRC

no community boss fights?! what the hell are you thinking man? XXS & FBO is one thing considering they are both storyline based, but bosses/duels aren’t so “Attached” to the storyline, it wouldn’t make sense to make them storyline exclusive, and it would make multiplayer more boring.

note that the eight/four (or hell even twelve) forum “refresh time” I suggested for bosses, that should make it less predictable (although It could potentially screw up domination… then again a predictable game is a boring game IMO.)
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!