Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Movies Ben Stein's "Expelled"

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

BirdofPrey Posted:

ps i agree with you that it shouldn’t be taught in schools. that’s because it’s not science. we’re not really arguing here

i know. i’m just fired up.

I’VE GOT A PAPER ON INTELLIGENT DESIGN DUE IN TWO DAYS SO I’M ALL PUMPED AND ****

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

nanafabulous personjesus Posted:

this is pretty irrelevant.

Just because we might be able to become Intelligent Designers ourselves doesn’t mean one designed us.

It doesn’t mean one designed us, but it does give a precedent.

But in addition…even the most sophisticated, human-like program we could create would still be bound to the programming we’ve given it – a creation is not bound to all the same rules as it’s creator. If we’re the result of some form of ID, we’re bound to the rules it places on us, and those could be that the Designer doesn’t want us to acknowledge it’s existence.

I’ve heard somewhat convincing arguments that our existence is a highly-sophisticated hologram or computer program, or that we’re a kind of ‘test-tube’ for some other form of intelligence. I don’t believe them, but they certainly count as ID as well.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

The point is the intelligent design movement is trying to cirgreat timesvent the scientific process by refusing to support their claims with evidence of any sort.

Let me restate this point:

Intelligent Design is inherently unscientific.

Because it invokes a supernatural power it cannot and never will be within the scientific realm.

And how exactly do you propose Intelligent Design be studied?

No one is saying they don’t have the right to study Intelligent Design. The thing is, no one is actually bothering to study it. Because it can’t be studied. They just want to put the theory in science clbumrooms.

I’ll agree that ID can be seen as taking ‘a step back’ in scientific progress. However, if there IS a way to study ID, we’ll never find it if we aren’t allowed to look for it. 1,000 years ago, you would’ve been called an idiot if you said man was descendant from monkeys, and people would’ve told you it was impossible to study.

Evil Trout Posted:

Wow I had no idea the movie blames Darwin for the attrocities of Nazi Germany. That’s some really awesome fact stretching right there. I will have to check this out.

Yeah, it does. The movie basically states that Darwinism promotes genocide, ethnic cleansing, forced sterilization, etc. Which is almost complete bull****, if you know anything about Darwinism.

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 edited this message on 04/26/2008 2:01PM

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

L2 Posted:

It doesn’t mean one designed us, but it does give a precedent.

But in addition…even the most sophisticated, human-like program we could create would still be bound to the programming we’ve given it – a creation is not bound to all the same rules as it’s creator. If we’re the result of some form of ID, we’re bound to the rules it places on us, and those could be that the Designer doesn’t want us to acknowledge it’s existence.

Then what’s the point of it at all? By saying “There’s an intelligent designer, but he’s made it so exactly so it looks like there isn’t one” you’ve made an arguement that doesn’t allow any opposing sides. And one that offers nothing, I might add.

I’ve heard somewhat convincing arguments that our existence is a highly-sophisticated hologram or computer program, or that we’re a kind of ‘test-tube’ for some other form of intelligence. I don’t believe them, but they certainly count as ID as well.

Sure they count as ID. But it’s not science. And studying it is impossible.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

L2 Posted:

I’ll agree that ID can be seen as taking ‘a step back’ in scientific progress. However, if there IS a way to study ID, we’ll never find it if we aren’t allowed to look for it.

No one says we’re not allowed to look for it. In fact, anyone could right now be thinking about a way to study it. They’re absolutely free to study it.

1,000 years ago, you would’ve been called an idiot if you said man was descendant from monkeys, and people would’ve told you it was impossible to study.

Man isn’t a descendant from monkeys.

lol.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Sure they count as ID. But it’s not science. And studying it is impossible.

That’s the crux of science though, making the impossible possible, and the illogical logical.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

L2 Posted:

That’s the crux of science though, making the impossible possible, and the illogical logical.

No it isn’t.

Where the **** did you get that idea?

The purpose of science is trying to understand everything we can through rigorous testing and observation.

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

No it isn’t.

The purpose of science is trying to understand everything we can through rigorous testing and observation.

i learned all my science from cinematic masterpiece “The Core”

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

BirdofPrey Posted:

i learned all my science from cinematic masterpiece “The Core”

OH WELL THATS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

Unobtainium IS REAL

WE JUST HAVENT FOUND IT YET

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

No it isn’t.

But limiting what one could test and observe to what’s “scientifically possible” is a mistake. Thousands of years ago, it would’ve been scientifically impossible to go a mile underwater, much less to the bottom of the ocean – even if you could hold your breath for that amount of time, undersea pressure would crush you. But now we have submarines, submersibles, etc., which give us entirely new scientific frontiers to explore.

And while the deepest parts of the oceans are still impossible to reach, we recognize that as technology develops, we’ll go deeper yet, but that’s because we accept the possibility that the those areas can be reached and we work to get there.

It might not be an issue of ID being impossible to study, it might just be we don’t know HOW to study it yet. But to find ways to study ID, we have to acknowledge it as a possibility.

Marcos El Ma-
lo

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

BirdofPrey Posted:

ok maybe these people are using it as such but the literal concept of intelligent design has no religious labels on it. if they’re using it to reinforce their own personal beliefs i guess thats their prerogative.

ps i agree with you that it shouldn’t be taught in schools. that’s because it’s not science. we’re not really arguing here

edit – okay i just read the wedge thing and now i’m kind of ticked off. this point goes to you, i had no idea it started that way. that’s lame

No, I get where you’re coming from, too. The Jesus Fascists pretty much hijacked a metaphysical concept that is fine in and of itself, which is the problem. As a metaphysical or spiritual principle, I have no problem with the idea of some sort of grand plan unfolding (with certain reservations). And like you, I don’t confuse this with science. However, as you’ve just discovered, there are those that are intentionally trying to trick others into believing this is science to further their christo-fascist agenda. Jesus wept.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

L2 Posted:

But limiting what one could test and observe to what’s “scientifically possible” is a mistake.

ahahahahahahaha

HOW CAN WE STUDY SOMETHING WE CAN’T STUDY

It might not be an issue of ID being impossible to study, it might just be we don’t know HOW to study it yet. But to find ways to study ID, we have to acknowledge it as a possibility.

Anything’s possible, actually.

It’s probability that really matters.

And the people that want to study intelligent design? Sure, study it. No one is saying you can’t study something. But the scientific community is instead working on things they can study instead of sitting and waiting for someone to think of how to study something that is currently unstudyable.

Marcos El Ma-
lo

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

IM IN UR HARD ON COLLIDER, LOOKING FOR GOD PARTICLES

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

Marcos El Malo Posted:

IM IN UR HARD ON COLLIDER, LOOKING FOR GOD PARTICLES

OH GOD I CAN’T WAIT IT UNTIL IT COMES UP

MINI MOTHER****ING BLACK HOLES

i b great timesmings

Level 60 Troll

“Grendel”

if you saw this movie you are a ****ing tard end of story Log in to see images!

Marcos El Ma-
lo

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

OH GOD I CAN’T WAIT IT UNTIL IT COMES UP

MINI MOTHER****ING BLACK HOLES

BLACK WHOLES ARE SATAM111111111

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

Going to have to give it a watch, at least for a chuckle.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

Marcos El Malo Posted:

BLACK WHOLES ARE SATAM111111111

I THINK THE PROOF OF GARRET LISI’S THEORY WILL COUNTERACT THE SATANIC BLACK HOLES WITH THEIR JEWISH MYSTICISM

Marcos El Ma-
lo

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

[ooc] Nana, you seem like the sort of person who would be aware of the writings of R.A.W.. Have you ever checked out any of his stuff on agnosticism, irrational rationality, and probabilities? [/ooc]

SMASH BLAK WHOLES11111111

Anansi

[Arsenal of Ninjacr-
acy
]

Level 69 Troll

Resident Psychoanalyst

Marcos, he was mostly a crazy old kook. Except when he was young, at which point he was a crazy young kook.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!