Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface How can we encourage players to participate in Flamebate?

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

Onli-Wan Cahone Posted:

Again, talking about things you know nothing about.

You’ve made a decision on me after reading two posts.

I could quite comfortably flame you. Would that make you happier? Would that be a quality post? Would that inject your brand of humour?

What kind of person am I then that you object to? Given the facts you actually have on me I can only bumume you dislike people capable of forming coherent sentences and articulating a point of view that differs to your own.

You accuse me of taking the internet far too seriously when you are the one reacting to my posts. Perhaps you’d like to think about that a little. I say a little as I’m trying to keep it within your ability range. Log in to see images!

You don’t understand. Every time you spend 20 minutes writing out 5 serious paragraphs to respond to me, you’re proving my point.

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

read what paraone said. this forum is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SERIOUS. IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HIGH-BROW. just look at the game it’s based on.

The reason i’m so vehement about this is because i was previously a member on a forum that SERIOUS INTERNET PEOPLE completely ruined.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Onli-Wan Cahone Posted:

Perhaps you’d like to think about that a little. I say a little as I’m trying to keep it within your ability range. Log in to see images!

ICE BURN!

Seriously though, you use lots of long words and long sentences for no reason. Even your shortest post in this thread is longer than any post that doesn’t quote you.

Onli-Wan Cahone Posted:

What kind of person am I then that you object to? Given the facts you actually have on me I can only bumume you dislike people capable of forming coherent sentences and articulating a point of view that differs to your own.

“Why are you being mean? Is it because I write like a douchebag?” gets the point across much more clearly.

P.S. I propose the topic be changed to “How can we encourage players to participate in Flamewars?” The answer is Onli-Wan Cahone.

Sancdar edited this message on 04/24/2008 9:49AM

Onli-Wan Cah-
one

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

BirdofPrey Posted:

read what paraone said. this forum is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SERIOUS. IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HIGH-BROW. just look at the game it’s based on.

The reason i’m so vehement about this is because i was previously a member on a forum that SERIOUS INTERNET PEOPLE completely ruined.

But I never claimed to be serious. I answered this thread in a serious manner as I felt that was the point of it.

If you don’t like being serious or giving serious responses why did you wander in here? Just to **** yourself off?

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Onli-Wan Cahone Posted:

I never claimed to be serious.

Onli-Wan Cahone Posted:

I answered this thread in a serious manner

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

Onli-Wan Cahone Posted:

But I never claimed to be serious. I answered this thread in a serious manner as I felt that was the point of it.

If you don’t like being serious or giving serious responses why did you wander in here? Just to **** yourself off?

It is painfully obvious how serious you are, and i ****ing guarantee that you would not fit in on the roleplaying forums. If you really want to continue posting here i suggest you restrict yourselves to the non-roleplaying forums for both our sakes.

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

also all my posts in this thread are serious.

Paraone

[egg]

Level 10 Troll

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak.

I’m lollin pretty hard here

Onli-Wan Cah-
one

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Sancdar Posted:

ICE BURN!

Seriously though, you use lots of long words and long sentences for no reason. Even your shortest post in this thread is longer than any post that doesn’t quote you.

Sancdar Posted:

”Why are you being mean? Is it because I write like a douchebag?” gets the point across much more clearly.

P.S. I propose the topic be changed to “How can we encourage players to participate in Flamewars?” The answer is Onli-Wan Cahone.

In what way are they for no reason?

Wud u ratha I tlked lik this?

If I used internet retard language that would appeal to you more? The only people who are afraid of using words are those who don’t know how to use them.

Why should it offend you that I use long words and write in sentences? Is your attention span or mental capacity that diminished that you can’t get to the end?

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

BirdofPrey Posted:

Haha, I was used to be of the SERIOUS INTERNET squad too.

Onli, remember when you had to type “I’m not easily offended” when you just started playing Log in to see images!

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

this is an awesome thread.

Onli-Wan Cah-
one

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

BirdofPrey Posted:

It is painfully obvious how serious you are, and i ****ing guarantee that you would not fit in on the roleplaying forums. If you really want to continue posting here i suggest you restrict yourselves to the non-roleplaying forums for both our sakes.

Or it’s painfully obvious you take bait and then keep on taking…

You decide for yourself.

As for the roleplaying forums I’ll keep my eye out for you should I wander past. I’d be very interested to see if your posting abitily gets remotely in the ball park of where your ego puts it.

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

Onli-Wan Cahone Posted:

You decide for yourself.

As for the roleplaying forums I’ll keep my eye out for you should I wander past. I’d be very interested to see if your posting abitily gets remotely in the ball park of where your ego puts it.

please don’t troll in the game discussion forums Log in to see images! BirdofPrey edited this message on 04/24/2008 10:00AM

Paraone

[egg]

Level 10 Troll

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak.

Onli-Wan Cahone Posted:

You decide for yourself.

I posted a thread for you in the trollhole so you can troll in it instead of ruining this one any more than you have already.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

Onli-Wan Cahone Posted:

... roleplaying … forums should I wander past.

Please don’t.

Just_Cy

[Wrecking Queens]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Kinda disregarding the (tbh in some way intriguing) war on words with onli vs. others, I’ll jump back to the point about newbies being confused about the role-playing:

I can see that at first sight the forums may seem a bit confusing especially when it comes to where to role play and where to not role play. Sure, there are those board rules stickies around, but let’s face it, not everyone is going to read them. Read this or risk ban… meh, I decided to risk ban and see what happens…

One partial solution which could ease the “confusing rp-situation” for newbies might be renaming the IRL group of topics into something like “IRL (no role playing here)”. That would be very clear from the get-go and might even prevent some newbies just coming in and trolling their way through the IRL forums as seen on RP-forums, though at least so far that hasn’t been much of a problem. (At least I haven’t noticed the problem, but I haven’t been spending that much time here either as I have lots of other things to do.)

But in conclusion, I’m also quite against stupid warning labels and lame instructions, so I don’t find it necessary to rename the IRL group or anything. I’m sure people most will find out by themselves what to do and where. And yeah, this Internets isn’t serious, just look at this Log in to see images!

The renaming thing was just something I thought of, when I saw that someone had had problems with identifying the role-playing topics.

———

TLDR: Nothing of much importance here, you can easily skip this one… go back to your quite hilarious feud pls.

Onli-Wan Cah-
one

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

littlefran Posted:

Haha, I was used to be of the SERIOUS INTERNET squad too.

Onli, remember when you had to type “I’m not easily offended” when you just started playing Log in to see images!

At what point did I say I was offended?

I think the game is great and this thread isn’t too bad either.

You’d have to go a LONG way to offend me. lol

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Onli-Wan Cahone Posted:

In what way are they for no reason?

Wud u ratha I tlked lik this?

If I used internet retard language that would appeal to you more? The only people who are afraid of using words are those who don’t know how to use them.

Why should it offend you that I use long words and write in sentences? Is your attention span or mental capacity that diminished that you can’t get to the end?

Your attacks would work better if I hadn’t been translating your thesaurus-vomit into clean, less-douchey sentences already.

Ten Dollar Word Test!

An article about why you’re wrong!

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

Onli-Wan Cahone Posted:

Just a few words of advice: don’t take anything anyone says in any forum (RPing or not) seriously or you will be mercilessly made fun of.

This thread is indeed for serious suggestions, but the way you worded it made you sound a little pompous. That is also a good way to get the **** trolled out of you.

Honestly, if you are looking for a place to have an intelligent conversation in a forum that values opinions, a place called “Flamebate” is probably not for you.

The best way to fit in around here (first post or not) is to troll back. Generally the good trolls (like BOP and pretty much everyone that says “Team Shortbus” under their name) WANT people to come back at them with witty remarks. When you respond with things like “you just don’t get what I’m saying” or something similar, it is really you who doesn’t get it.

I think an introduce yourself thread is a pretty good idea, you should start one up.

Try not to get intimidated. Contrary to popular belief, the internet is not srs bsns.

Also, male reproductive organs.

FAIL edited this message on 04/24/2008 10:10AM

Maybe less shocking pictures, I hate it when people post shocking pictures..

-God- edited this message on 04/24/2008 10:15AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!