Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface Suggestion: Downvote = Feedback

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Alright, I was reading the ”Can we get clarification on what is allowable in discussing forumbuildr submissions?” thread and thinking about the multiple suggestions about how downvoting needs to be limited, and inspiration struck. As those who’ve read my dribble before know, I tend to post my inspiration before thinking it all the way through, so don’t be surprised if this idea sucks.

Why don’t we combine a downvote limit with anonymous feedback? Implement a feature to offer feedback on ideas (it could be as simple as a tubmail generator). Put a limit on how many downvotes a player can cast, but raise that limit for every feedback that they send. As in, a player can only downvote X times, but that limit is reset or raised if they give Y feedbacks.

Thoughts, ideas, do I really really suck?

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

predicted outcome of suggestion:

why is my tubmail filled with messages that simply say “male reproductive organbum”

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

True, but in the Clarification thread I linked, quite a few people were willing to wade through crap feedback to get honest feedback. Perhaps create a folder inside of Tubmail to auto-redirect feedback messages into so it doesn’t flood out personal tubmails?

Bragi

Level 10 Emo Kid

Did you pay Phil^10 back yet?

Perhaps instead of just a blank field for feedback, have five or so checkboxes saying things such as ‘repetitive’, ‘spelling/grammar issues’, ‘not funny’. It would provide some feedback on why it’s getting downvoted and avoid the ‘you’re an unfunny fabulous person’ tubmail spam a bit

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Hell, clean it up a bit with running stats rather than individual messages (or stats calculated once a day, or when a submission dies, etc.). An “Other” reason could allow more detailed feedback in a message for those who choose to give it.

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

male reproductive organbum messages could be flagged for abuse and a mod could block them from submitting further feedback.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Yeah, this is a good idea. I’m honestly stumped as to why every forum idea I’ve submitted this week is tanking. I’ve had pretty good luck in the past, and I don’t really get it. It seems like almost everything that isn’t a direct reference to a popular site is downvoated, and sorry, I just can’t bring myself to submit an eHarmony or Fox News or 4chan parody when there are already a ton of them up there.

Tiny Clanger

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

I submitted some ideas that I thought were okay and they tanked. Some I can belatedly see why they went down; others, I don’t see why they went to -5 so fast. A checkbox system for feedback would be neat as long as it was optional.

There must be tickboxes for ‘Makes gratuitous male reproductive organ reference’, ‘Unfunny gay-bashing’ and ‘If I read another @insult_racist joke I’ll break your fine upstanding member of society bum’.

just my pet hates that seem to pop up way too often (although less this week!)

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!