Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rage reserve price :/

DracoFlameus

[WeChall is a ****ty klan]

Level 67 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Regrettable, auction won but it did not meet to reserve price. Bidder to be ashamed, was too cheap!”

And that’s about all I see recently. I don’t get that idea of a reserve price, shouldn’t that be the starting bid? Otherwise I have no idea how much somebody wants. I’d be willing to bid more, but because I have no clue, I have to bid for several items, hoping that I’ll get at least one of them. That means less available money per auction (usually resulting in not meeting the reserve price)

If I knew that I don’t have enough money to bid for Item A but enough for B and C, I could bid more for the other two. But this way nobody gets anything and I have to stick to the shops, at least they seem to be happy to take some millions of my Log in to see images!

Drakodan

Avatar: 57623 2010-05-29 20:03:09 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

You’ve never used any other auction sites like eBay before, have you?

Anyway, JayZJay is most guilty of making high reserves, and he ALWAYS has auctions up.

Bear

Avatar: 19845 2011-10-31 11:07:12 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Drakodan Posted:

You’ve never used any other auction sites like eBay before, have you?

Anyway, JayZJay is most guilty of making high reserves, and he ALWAYS has auctions up.

That is why I never buy from JayZJay. I would pay triple the price from someone else over JayZJay.

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

The purpose of a reserve price (and this goes for eBay, other auction sites as well) is so that the seller can set the minimum amount of money they want to make on an item. The purpose of making the reserve secret is to try and get bidders to go over your reserve (because while making the minimum you wanted is good, making more is better).

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

My reserves are fairly predictable – 10M, 20M, or 0. I recently discovered that it’s costing me 3M to put up my fleet of files every three days so it’s actually getting rather expensive to auction off some items because of their seemingly random value to the Ppwn Shop. So maybe I should follow bumonz example and sell everything to the Ppwn Shop? Log in to see images!

bumonz

Avatar: 209389 2009-10-11 13:06:38 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Silly Puppy

mterek Posted:

My reserves are fairly predictable – 10M, 20M, or 0. I recently discovered that it’s costing me 3M to put up my fleet of files every three days so it’s actually getting rather expensive to auction off some items because of their seemingly random value to the Ppwn Shop. So maybe I should follow bumonz example and sell everything to the Ppwn Shop? Log in to see images!

You don’t have to wait to get the same amount of flezz. Most people bid 10 – 11m on Quad anyways so cut out the middle man. For other moar files they are dropping in price people are paying because most have them. Colonel Sanders isn’t going to be getting much higher and will drop because every day seems 1 – 3 are added on. Supply and demand at it’s finest. Log in to see images!

Unusual Pie

Avatar: 227082 2014-09-25 19:42:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Unusually Cute Pie :D

In theory, the purpose of a low starting bid is to generate more bids while the reserve guarantees you won’t lose money on the auction. That may work on a huge site like eBay, but in a smaller community like this one, it tends to backfire sometimes. Reserve not met, and that bidder will never bid on your auctions again.

I used to set reserves on my occasional auctions but soon learned it is better for business in the long run not to. Unless I’m auctioning something worth millions, and then I would probably post a thread here with the reserve listed.

TheRealSuper-
Happy

Avatar: 200618 2010-02-10 23:28:59 -0500

[Gigantic male reproductive organ in the bum]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

It’s just be nice if they added a little tweak that makes it more like eBay does… so it actually tells if the item has a reserve, and whether it’s been met or not.

Orifice

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

TheRealSuperHappy Posted:

It’s just be nice if they added a little tweak that makes it more like eBay does… so it actually tells if the item has a reserve, and whether it’s been met or not.

Would also be nice if it let you extend your maximum bid before someone else bids past it.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

DracoFlameus Posted:

I don’t get that idea of a reserve price, shouldn’t that be the starting bid?

Raising your starting bid increases the deposit amount, it’s less costly for an auction to fail because of the reserve than to fail because no-one bid past a high starting bid.

Also there are limits to the starting bid coded in, whereas you can set whatever you want for the reserve price. Not sure why that is though…

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

bumonz Posted:

Colonel Sanders isn’t going to be getting much higher and will drop because every day seems 1 – 3 are added on. Supply and demand at it’s finest. Log in to see images!

I’m not sure if I agree, at least for anytime in the foreseeable future. I think the Colonel Sanders prices will more or less stay stable for a while, despite how easy (though time-consuming) it is to acquire one.

My current marketing theory bumumes most players of this game don’t browse Flamebait, and that they don’t really have a whole lot to spend their Flezz on. So unless something is listed on the wiki they’re going to evaluate files as they see them on Kyoubai!. This explains why fema4kids and Habanero bumcrack, despite being the “best” music file for a while, failed to ever meet the same auction prices as when they were first introduced. Because they were “not THAT much better” than the cheaper Floyds, which exploded in value once the new forums were introduced and cash was rolling in with deliveries (remember when Floyds were 4M? Then suddenly, they were 40M?).

There’s still something like six pages of people on the Leaderboards who have 100M+, until that number decreases I’m still expecting people will bid over that much for Colonel Sanders. Eventually there will be market saturation, but who knows when.

man-man Posted:

Also there are limits to the starting bid coded in, whereas you can set whatever you want for the reserve price. Not sure why that is though…

Some multiplier info –

mterek Posted:

Base Deposit: [starting bid]/16.6667

24 Hour: 2*[base deposit]

72 Hour: 6*[base deposit]

Buy Out: 1.6*[base deposit]

Reserve: 2.2*[base deposit]

Starting bid range: ([Base Cost]/20,[Base Cost]*2)

The unlimited Reserve ticket is undoubtedly there to reflect the actual value of the items to the market, as opposed to the Ppwn Shop’s willingness to pay. I bumume the restrictions are there to prevent “flezz transfer”, ironically though CZ has broken the economy in numerous other ways and transfers can hypothetically still occur over a vast quantity of auctions as opposed to a single auction that skyrockets (which also affects the Kyoubai! leaderboards, not just the Flezz one).

I think the starting bid range exists so people don’t lose all of their Flezz paying Deposits, because Deposits are held if the bid fails. A 160M Colonel Sanders starting bid means you lose 10M if the auction fails, but only  132,000 if you use the minimum starting bid with a 160M reserve.

DracoFlameus

[WeChall is a ****ty klan]

Level 67 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Thanks, most of ur replies were rather usueful ^^

I wasn’t aware of a limit in the starting bid, that sucks of course.

However I agree that it would be nice to see wheter or not my bid has surpbumed the reserve price limit. That would definitely sell more files (looking at my long list of reserve prices not met).

For now I guess I’ll stick to buying things instantly (if possible) because that is the only way I know I’ll get something for sure.

Anyway, thanks again for ur replies, cya Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!