Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay Youtube Pay-per-view

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

dobnits Posted:

boiling frog

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

dobnits Posted:

ITT: People complaining for the sake of complaining.

Sheesh, the only videos you have to pay to watch are already corporate shills to begin with, anything made by you, me or anybody out to use YouTube for its true intentions are pretty much the same.

When they start charging for normal stuff that isnt manufactured by the industry, then they will have upset me. But they would be just plain STUPID to do that.

You see that’s where it gets interesting. Now adays the vast majority of the major YouTube ‘celebrities’ are members of the partnership program. From what I can see being a member of the partnership program is all it takes to be able to make your videos ‘rentable’ (I could be wrong on this though, I haven’t read that much into it). So what we end up in is a situation where, say, sxephil will charge to watch his daily vlogs. I mean the majority of them won’t because they’d be idiots to think their user bases would accept it, but at the same time they do have very dedicated followers and some may be willing to take the drop in subscriptions for the boost in profit from the rental fees. That just feels wrong.

But whatever. I doubt this will really happen because, as I said, they’d be losing all international viewers plus the casual views so it just wouldn’t be profitable at the moment since the google ad space they get a cut of is determined by view counts.

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

I guess it just goes to show who are the “sellouts” and who aren’t…but hey at least its not hulu (something I will never mention again in CD).

If you want to drop the cash to continue following them (the pay per view vids), more power to you. It’s your money, you do what you want with it. If spending it so you can laugh at the ironies of pop culture but dont care to figure them out yourself is your cup of tea, that’s all fine and dandy.

That said, its been pretty obvious right from the get-go of youtube and became PAINFULLY obvious that something like this would happen eventually back at the buyout. I still think this thread is just people complaining about this or the sake of complaining about it. Just saying, you all saw this coming, and you knew it.

Also. Boiled frog? Log in to see images!

Drakodan

Avatar: 57623 2010-05-29 20:03:09 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

Truly, we are experiencing bad times.

Well, if you have nothing more pertinent to worry about.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

dobnits Posted:

That said, its been pretty obvious right from the get-go of youtube and became PAINFULLY obvious that something like this would happen eventually back at the buyout.

This is mostly retrospect, but I do remember entertaining the possibility of Google whoring it out way back when. But with all the pro-Google propaganda floating around, especially back around the IPO it was easy to get beguiled into thinking Google was the second coming of Christ, in search engine form (the first being AskJesus.org). Particularly because Google didn’t do anything obnoxious for the first few years after the IPO, but like China with Hong Kong it’s started to go bolder.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!