Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Srs Bsns Reposting CD's Best All-Time Posts

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Sometimes, I think one of the biggest problems with CD is that the actual good posts get lost in the shuffle. Thus, I propose that we make a thread of good, worthwhile posts for new (and old) people to read and consider. I’ll start:

The Ghost of Hobart Bliggity Posted:

I’m going to actually seriouspost in GD here, so brace yourselves.

I’m sure it’s no secret that I, along with a few other posters, purposely get banned by doing grey-area things and then try to cause a ****storm because of said ban. In other limited cases, as the one stated by was, we latch on to someone elses ban and raise hell on their behalf. I’m aware that a good number of mods know this game, and play along accordingly. I don’t think I’ve ever talked about the motive behind it though.

First and foremost, causing drama and arguements in CD is about the only ****ing entertaining thing left on these boards. CZs decision to advertise on a few select sites, make the RP boards basically unmoderated, and even create an anon forum has attracted the most boring of all personalities to this community. Sure, its a revolving door of ****ty posters, but the constant volume of crap keeps a lot of the people that actually contribute comedy here away. I realize that this is a business, and I can’t argue their decisions from a bottom-line perspective, but I don’t think anyone can say that the community is better off now than when it was a smaller.

But Im getting off topic. The consistently unfunny barrage in the RP forums, combined with the black-or-white enforcing of rules in CD leaves a lot of the intelligent-but-kind-of-an-bumhole type posters with literally nowhere to post. I know it’s personal preference, but I think all of the best posters in the history here have fallen into that category, and it was those types that really made this place take off in the beginning.

I used to post in full sentences and try to make sense in RP forums. I also used to avoid non-RP because it bored me. Now, I can’t be bothered to put any thought into anything in RP because it’ll just get buried under a steady stream of ****, and CD is so strictly enforced I could never get away with saying what I wanted to. So I’ve devolved into ****posting in RP and way over the top careposting in CD, because it’s really the only way left to get people to react.

I guess I don’t know how I would go about rectifying this, and I can’t imagine it changing anytime soon. Ep 3 is just going to bring in 10,000 new people, 3 of which I’ll probably like and want around. I know I’m an bumhole, and I know “good poster” is subjective, but I can’t help but to try to steer the forums away from the direction they’re headed.

in short Log in to see images!

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

1) does not belong in GD

2) serves no purpose, if you want to bring the subject back up bump the other thread with valid feedback

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!