Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Music Owl City Topic Rant

Pandabrother

Level 12 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Hello Forumwarz!

It’s certainly been a long time since I posted another post with a big topic. I have been online for quite some time, just playing games and watching movies all the time. But today I’m here to talk about the band with the hit song “Fireflies”: Owl City

Now, of course you know, Owl City is a now popular techno-pop band that made their biggest hit so far on their hit song “Fireflies”, and has been on the Billboard for around a week due to its most downloaded song online.

But I’m not here to talk about their history, I’m here to ask: WHO LOVES ‘EM & WHO HATES ‘EM?

Why People Love ‘Em: Due to their catchy beats and neat sound, Owl City seems to be loved by everyone because their hit song seems to be like about the people. It’s also present style and not always about being in love, but maybe by having faith on something, remebering good times, or maybe even fearing something that scares you…in a good way (like “Dental Care”Log in to see images!

To be honest, I did buy the whole album that contained their hit song. I first heard the song and it was very inspirational. Like I’m stuck in a dream. And it had this “feel-good” theme in it, bringing back good memories. The whole album is also good for trying to fall asleep at night. No wonder people like them.

Why People Hate ‘Em: However, sometimes having too much “feel-goodness” may ruin the album. In reality, the frontman (and creator of Owl City) Adam Young is a rather strange man. At his 20’s, he use to sleep at his parents place for sometime (according to some news sources). And he does act a bit…strange during live acts. Also, his hit song “Fireflies” was made into a music video later, which didn’t have much of a success. Like I said, too much “feel-goodness” may ruin the whole thing.

And so I ask you,FWZ, is this: DO YOU LOVE OR HATE OWL CITY?

(NOTE: Just to let everyone know, I do not like Owl City too much. It’s just that their music is pretty catchy. So please, don’t make any dumbbum comments that I support Owl City big time.)

Well hey! Its Dirty Birdy’s mammary glands! Log in to see images!

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

what

Pandabrother

Level 12 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

BobTheSqueakyWeasel Posted:

what

?

Umm…

Do you like or hate Owl City? And why.

Unless you dont know who Owl City is.

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

first who the **** are you

Pandabrother

Level 12 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

first who the **** are you

Does everyone ask that?

I think my name says it all.

I’m the brother…of a panda.

And yes, the avatar is misleading…I know

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

thats bull**** if you were a pandas brother you wouldnt be able to type on a ****ing forum

this isnt a ****ing disney movie

Pandabrother

Level 12 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

thats bull**** if you were a pandas brother you wouldnt be able to type on a ****ing forum

this isnt a ****ing disney movie

Haha…stop getting me off the post’s subject

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

then stop making ****ing terrible posts

Vageena Davis

Avatar: 151797 2010-01-24 16:34:00 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Camwhore

I am easily offended. I also suck fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs.

I like Owl City a lot more than this thread Log in to see images!

[12:05] <Stumpy_Mike> you can be kind of a **** sometimes

[15:12] <funjeh> UR A SKANK Log in to see images!

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

horsemale reproductive organ do-
t mpeg

Avatar: 212774 2009-10-28 10:04:26 -0400

[Arse Ticklers fabulous persons Fanclub]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Not my kinda music but them beats is p tight

Charlize Theron is the hottest African-American in the ****ing world. Respect.

ms-karen

Avatar: 215275 2009-12-24 20:16:17 -0500

[WeChall]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

loltroll

I don’t love Owl City, I just love Fireflies. It’s catchy, and definitely different from what I normally listen to.

megazeroexe

Avatar: 96079 2010-02-05 18:20:27 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

hi this is pcp saying i miss m0x

Vageena Davis Posted:

I like Owl City a lot more than this thread Log in to see images!

and i ****ing hate owl city

so guess how much i love this thread Log in to see images!

Suprar

Level 33 Permanoob

“Shit-for-Brains”

tl;dr

\

Fie

Avatar: 152207 2011-11-01 00:46:41 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 47 Camwhore

I want to see some real, live poop.

Owl City is like listening to those neon colored artificial sweetener packets you find in all the restaurants.

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

Fie Posted:

Owl City is like listening to those neon colored artificial sweetener packets you find in all the restaurants.

so like, fake and leaves something awful behind in your mouth and brain?

ERECTILE_DEA-
TH

Avatar: 150883 2010-01-24 16:20:22 -0500

[SUPER SECRET MOON -
BASE PLANNING COMM-
ITTEE
]

Level 69 Troll

you still go on here you old **** just die already

An entire city full of owls is quite possibly the most terrifying idea that anybody has ever proposed.

ERECTILE_DEA-
TH

[SUPER SECRET MOON -
BASE PLANNING COMM-
ITTEE
]

Level 69 Troll

So I decided to write a script for a movie about a city full of owls. Here’s what I have so far:

OWL CITY – By ERECTILE_DEATH

The camera follows an old stately automobile driving down a dusty gravel road. Dark clouds begin to fill the sky as shafts of muted light start to pierce through. As the car travels further down the road it becomes darker and darker. Shadows start to form on the nearly dead trees by the road side.

The car pbumes a decrepit sign. The camera stops and zooms in on the sign. It reads “Owl City Pop. 400”

The camera rejoins the car as it pulls into a small town. The town is full of small wooden buildings, most a single story with a loft above. There are children playing in the street with hoops and sticks.

MOTHER:

It’s 8 am children! Gather your hoooops, it’s time for bed!

With their heads hung low the children gather their hoops and sticks and go quickly inside to sleep in their lofts.

The car comes to a stop at a white building. The light hits the side of it revealing its dire state of disrepair. The door opens on the car and we finally catch a glimps of our protagonist. With his beak glistening in what little sunlight comes through the clouds and his hair combed over to the side in the manner of a business man, he steps out of his car and begins to stretch his wings.

STATELY FIGURE:

Good evening, my son. Welcome to Owl City! Where the mice are rats and the rats are neverending. I’m Governor William S. Screechington III. I’m mayor of this city. If there’s anything I can do to help make your stay more pleasurable just ask. What is your name, boy?

Governor extends his wing toward the back of the handsome figure for a wingshake. The handsome man turns his head a full 180 degrees to meet eyes with Governor. He slowly rotates the rest of his body while maintaining full eye contact. He extends his wing to meet with Governor.

HANDSOME MAN:

Good evening, governor. I grew up in this fair city. You might remember me, people call me Mr. Dobnits.

————————————————————————————————————————————

I’m kind of at a block at this point. I think the Governor should respond, but I’m just not sure what he should say.

Vageena Davis

Avatar: 151797 2010-01-24 16:34:00 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Camwhore

I am easily offended. I also suck fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs.

ERECTILE_DEATH Posted:

So I decided to write a script for a movie about a city full of owls. Here’s what I have so far:

OWL CITY – By ERECTILE_DEATH

The camera follows an old stately automobile driving down a dusty gravel road. Dark clouds begin to fill the sky as shafts of muted light start to pierce through. As the car travels further down the road it becomes darker and darker. Shadows start to form on the nearly dead trees by the road side.

The car pbumes a decrepit sign. The camera stops and zooms in on the sign. It reads “Owl City Pop. 400”

The camera rejoins the car as it pulls into a small town. The town is full of small wooden buildings, most a single story with a loft above. There are children playing in the street with hoops and sticks.

MOTHER:

It’s 8 am children! Gather your hoooops, it’s time for bed!

With their heads hung low the children gather their hoops and sticks and go quickly inside to sleep in their lofts.

The car comes to a stop at a white building. The light hits the side of it revealing its dire state of disrepair. The door opens on the car and we finally catch a glimps of our protagonist. With his beak glistening in what little sunlight comes through the clouds and his hair combed over to the side in the manner of a business man, he steps out of his car and begins to stretch his wings.

STATELY FIGURE:

Good evening, my son. Welcome to Owl City! Where the mice are rats and the rats are neverending. I’m Governor William S. Screechington III. I’m mayor of this city. If there’s anything I can do to help make your stay more pleasurable just ask. What is your name, boy?

Governor extends his wing toward the back of the handsome figure for a wingshake. The handsome man turns his head a full 180 degrees to meet eyes with Governor. He slowly rotates the rest of his body while maintaining full eye contact. He extends his wing to meet with Governor.

HANDSOME MAN:

Good evening, governor. I grew up in this fair city. You might remember me, people call me Mr. Dobnits.

————————————————————————————————————————————

I’m kind of at a block at this point. I think the Governor should respond, but I’m just not sure what he should say.

this is the most amazing thing i have evar read

[12:05] <Stumpy_Mike> you can be kind of a **** sometimes

[15:12] <funjeh> UR A SKANK Log in to see images!

ERECTILE_DEA-
TH

[SUPER SECRET MOON -
BASE PLANNING COMM-
ITTEE
]

Level 69 Troll

Vageena Davis Posted:

this is the most amazing thing i have evar read

That doesn’t sound like something the Governor would say, but thanks for the suggestion.

ERECTILE_DEATH edited this message on 01/29/2010 3:41PM

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!