Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Art Avatar

Joseph of Su-
burbia

Avatar: 182182 2014-09-14 14:41:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Foumwarz.com, Dev-free since 2012!

Aldo_Anything Posted:

If you put that much money into a movie – make it in fact the most expensive movie ever – you just can’t come up with a story as trivial as this.

I saw it Sunday, and this pretty much sums up all my feelings for it as well. While I enjoyed that it didn’t use the whole 3D thing as a lame gimmick, the story was still too predictable to take seriously. The only exciting part was the fact that 20 people wouldn’t be quiet in the first row, so some guy had to shout “WILL EVERYONE PLEASE SHUT UP?” Other than that, It was pretty easy to see the direction it was going. And the deus ex machina at the end to make him an alien was just bull****.

Johnald The -
Robot

Avatar: 211354 2011-08-21 16:08:15 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Permanoob

JUST ANOTHER BRAINFREEZE REJECT

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

Maybe since he wrote the “scriptment” back in ‘94 the plot was original back then? Log in to see images!

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Sure, it might have a plot ripped straight from the scripts of such clbumics as Dances With Wolves, Pocahontas, and Fern Gully (with perhaps a touch of Tarzan). Sure, it serves as a textbook example of style over substance. Sure, Jake’s ultimate decision to trade in the human body he has come to hate for an alien replacement reeks of an uncomfortable anti-paraplegic sentiment.

Regardless, I really enjoyed myself watching Avatar, for reasons completely unrelated to the plot or cinematography. What drew me into the film was an underlying feeling that there was far more to the world of Pandora to explore than what was shown on the big screen. The unique flora, fauna and landscape features all seemed suggestive of so much activity going on that the viewers are entirely unaware of.

You can argue about whether or not an enormous CGI and special effects budget is necessary for a cinematic masterpiece, but that’s not what Avatar was about for me. Regardless of its merits as a film, Avatar is worth its ticket price as an “experience”. It’s an experience that I feel might actually be communicated more effectively in another format entirely (i.e., a series of novels or a sandbox-style video game), but one that is compelling enough to me for me to recommend to other people.

On the topic of whether or not it’s a good movie, however, I’ve definitely paid full admission to see much worse.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

I just want to jump into the heated discussion with two words: Star Wars.

Seriously the plot is ****. it was done a thousand times before (every adventure movie before and after it). It had great effects for its time. And people still attend this:

Blu3Schnauzer

Avatar: 16117 Sun Feb 22 17:55:30 -0500 2009

[Fetal Alcohol Pupp-
ets
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I saw it; it was okay. The graphics were pretty. But I liked it better back when it was Princess Mononoke.

Zeta

Avatar: 68174 Wed Oct 22 15:55:08 -0400 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 51 Troll

“eBaum”

There are too many people in this thread screaming about how stupid the movie is/how overused the plot is/how they think there’s more emphasis on looking good than about making the plot good that haven’t seen the movie themselves. For a second there, I thought I was on some new movies board at gamefaqs.

I know somebody’s going to say something along the lines of “Well how many pieces of **** do you have to watch before you can spot a bad movie from a mile away?” If you want to act like that then fine, go ahead and criticize every movie that comes out, and when one comes out that you’d probably enjoy you’ll never know because you’d be too busy complaining about how annoying the plot line is.

I’m not saying everyone should just go see every movie that comes out, but it’s not fair to just judge a movie based on it’s plot alone.

Chubbles

[Rejected1]

Level 4 Emo Kid

“Emotionally Stable”

Meh. It got boring somewhere in between the alien kitteh sex and the giant robot knife fight.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Chubbles Posted:

Meh. It got boring somewhere in between the alien kitteh sex and the giant robot knife fight.

I found myself getting a little bored during the last battle.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!