Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fix It There should be an E-Peen for toping the E-Peen Leaderboard

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

SoronTheBeast Posted:

But, depending on the size of the degree it WOULD make it more bumessable for everyone. Since every time you hit the top for the first time you would lose it. 24.47” is closer to 26.44” than 28.44”.

So if it decrees it at an acute angle I will be better able to bumess my rank? And I don’t think it’s really fair to chop it every time you hit the top for the first time. What if someone hits the top for the first time like 8 times? I think it should only do anything the first time you hit the top for the first time.

SoronTheBeast

Avatar: 159958 2010-01-24 16:32:03 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

There's your 3 BPs. Now stop ****ing whining about THIRTEEN CENTS you pathetic no-lifer. - Fran

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

So if it decrees it at an acute angle I will be better able to bumess my rank? And I don’t think it’s really fair to chop it every time you hit the top for the first time. What if someone hits the top for the first time like 8 times? I think it should only do anything the first time you hit the top for the first time.

My horrible spelling aside, like any other E-Peen, you could only get it once. So, at some point, you would have someone that already got it as #1, and they would not then get it again.

Fatquack

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Let’s do this and call this e-peen “The Bobbitt” and it reduces your e-peen length by 50%.

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

SoronTheBeast Posted:

The suggestion is that it would “give” a negative length.

That’s just quibbling over the polarity of the integer to be applied. My question was, why apply any integer at all?

SoronTheBeast

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

There's your 3 BPs. Now stop ****ing whining about THIRTEEN CENTS you pathetic no-lifer. - Fran

Sneaky27 Posted:

That’s just quibbling over the polarity of the integer to be applied. My question was, why apply any integer at all?

Applying a negative length would get the top person “out of the way” and allow someone else to win it the next day. It would make that leader board more dynamic, and less static.

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

SoronTheBeast Posted:

Applying a negative length would get the top person “out of the way” and allow someone else to win it the next day. It would make that leader board more dynamic, and less static.

Only in the short term. As soon as all the players within X inches of the leader gain the peen the leaderboard becomes static once again. This is still only rewarding those that have been playing FWZ longer than the rest, much like every other leaderboard. This is still a bad idea that will only reward those that have been here the longest, how many being decided by whatever value is bumigned to X. Make X to great, and it devalues the peen and the leaderboard. Make it too small and you lose any dynamic you may have been looking for. Why not just petition ET to remove the bonus 3” we all start with and give a meaningless peen to those that were logged in that day? It’s the same thing as this meta-peen of yours and will have about the same impact.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

SoronTheBeast Posted:

are you serious?

If that happens it means it rotates in 3 days between scully, Amasius. Then scully will be on top again sooner or later, though I guess no one will complain about that.

It will give Jmac a chance to be on the 2nd place for a while, then he’ll maybe top scully only to be cut again and be put again on the 3rd place.

aka: your suggestion makes 0 sense.

SoronTheBeast

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

The idea would be that it would make it so the person at the top would have a smaller E-Peen. Instead of having to get a E-Peen of 28<, which is more or less impossible because lots of E-Peens you can’t get any more, you would have to get a E-Peen of (28-X)< whatever X was. If X = 2, it would cycle through the top three. If X was 50% of your current E-Peen, it would cycle through many more.

The point being, however, that at the moment, its not cycling at all. You would have to get E-Peens you CAN’T get to make it to the top. Making it impossible, and static.

And I do find the argument “It will not change because it would change and then be the same again, only lower.” To not make any sense at all. Maybe someone could explain to me how making it POSSIBLE to get to the top is “no change” from the current situation. ‘Cuz I don’t get it. Log in to see images!

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

SoronTheBeast Posted:

And I do find the argument “It will not change because it would change and then be the same again, only lower.” To not make any sense at all. Maybe someone could explain to me how making it POSSIBLE to get to the top is “no change” from the current situation. ‘Cuz I don’t get it. Log in to see images!

what

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

SoronTheBeast Posted:

And I do find the argument “It will not change because it would change and then be the same again, only lower.” To not make any sense at all.

Current situation: the top of the leaderboard is unattainable because people have gigantic epeens, including many peens that newcomers can’t get because they weren’t there for various events.

Proposed solution: reduce the length of the leader’s peen

Outcome: Head of the leaderboard stands at a lower, but still unattainable (for most) level.

Unless you’re proposing a mbumive reduction, in which case a lot of people will very temporarily be at the top of the leaderboard, and then it’ll settle out so that the top is much lower, but people still have to compete with semi-professional peenwhores for the extra inches past wherever the top of the leadboard ends up.

In either case, eventual outcome: The top of the leaderboard is unattainable for most players.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

You know, it doesn’t make any difference. Arguing for or against it is as pointless as arguing any other peen or potential peen. Any pixelated game reward is going to make people happy, unhappy or indifferent.

The only reason for making such a peen would be for the entertainment value of having a peen that chops off some length.

EDIT:

man-man Posted:

In either case, eventual outcome: The top of the leaderboard is unattainable for most players.

This will always be the case. Go look through the peen list. Besides the consecutive dom, forums and job board peens, once the base game has been completed there are very few players willing to put in any effort to get bonus peens. Chai as a Kite has been attainable for a minimum of 8 months and only 102 characters have it. Clearly there is a point where a certain amount of effort deters people.

scully edited this message on 11/13/2009 1:13PM

SoronTheBeast

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Well, scully, I would think your thoughts on this would be most useful, since this would effect you the most. (and you also clearly know the most about E-Peens)

man-man Posted:

Unless you’re proposing a mbumive reduction, in which case a lot of people will very temporarily be at the top of the leaderboard, and then it’ll settle out so that the top is much lower, but people still have to compete with semi-professional peenwhores for the extra inches past wherever the top of the leadboard ends up.

I feel there would be a ‘middle ground’ reduction. A number that would both make the leaderboard competitive, but would not be a Bobbitt.

Something >2, but <50%

man-man Posted:

Well, there could be another fix in a few years when this happens again. (which, of course, it would)

But, perhaps scully is right and nobody really cares. Its not like I’m bucking for the top any time soon. It was just an idea that struck me. If topping the leaderboards for the first time incurred a penalty it would be easier for new players to top them.

And:

scully Posted:

the entertainment value of having a peen that chops off some length.

was a reason as well Log in to see images!

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Hey, I like this idea – I’d get a peen and be king for a day. Log in to see images!

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

SoronTheBeast Posted:

If topping the leaderboards for the first time incurred a penalty it would be easier for new players to top them.

You missed my point. The only point in this would be for the comedy.

The only thing that makes the top of any of the leader boards accessible is players quitting or mbumive game changes. This peen would not in any way make the top spots more accessible for new players unless it was a huge negative number. -2.0” would impact 2 characters. -10.0” would only impact the top 23 characters.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

If there was a “got every peen” peen, could you ever get it?

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

man-man Posted:

If there was a “got every peen” peen, could you ever get it?

No, because of the clbum dependent peens.

And basically, yeah, bad idea. Mainly for the reason Scully mentioned.

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

i dont see what youre all arguing about

the people who are at the top are the top because they earned it

Fie

Avatar: 152207 2011-11-01 00:46:41 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 47 Camwhore

I want to see some real, live poop.

Chawin Posted:

i dont see what youre all arguing about

the people who are at the top are the top because they earned it

SoronTheBeast

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

scully Posted:

You missed my point. The only point in this would be for the comedy.

The only thing that makes the top of any of the leader boards accessible is players quitting or mbumive game changes. This peen would not in any way make the top spots more accessible for new players unless it was a huge negative number. -2.0” would impact 2 characters. -10.0” would only impact the top 23 characters.

Well, by “new players” I really meant ‘non-you’ players. You’ve been at the top of that leaderboard for a long long time. And the gap between 1st and 2nd is pretty big. Lets face it, most likely one of the reasons many player’s aren’t trying to top any leaderboards, is they can’t. Hypothetically, I could play this game hours a day, every day, and I still could not top the   leaderboard, or the E-Peen leaderboard, and it would not be because I was not trying as hard as others, or because I’m not as good a player as others. (again, hypothetically Log in to see images! Its because its IMPOSSIBLE to get some of the E-Peens. In other words, I would need a time machine to bet you, scully.

The leaders on the leaderboards are too far ahead of everyone. I think the gap should be smaller to give people the illusion that they could top it. IMO, any game that is set up so ‘new’ players simply can’t win no matter how much time they put in over an extended period of time, is flawed. I am guessing its also one of the reasons people aren’t trying as hard as they could be. Why bother trying if you can’t? Now, I’m not saying I want to top any leaderboards today or tomorrow, but I would like to at least THINK that if I played this game for a year or two I could. That it’s possible. ATM, I don’t think I could. ‘Course, that could be because of my lack of understanding.

(Additionally, this post sounds too serous as I’m reading it over. Its not mean to be. I’m not planning on personally putting in hours a day at this game for years on end one way or another. I’m really just writing this to understand the leaderboard system better and to see if it something I should be ‘shooting for’ or if I should just forget it now, and not bother.)

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

this has been discussed so many times i don’t understand why this thread keeps going

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!