Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fix It There should be an E-Peen for toping the E-Peen Leaderboard

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

ChilePepino Posted:

this has been discussed so many times i don’t understand why this thread keeps going

Sheer momentum?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

ChilePepino Posted:

this has been discussed so many times i don’t understand why this thread keeps going

Everyone is wicked bored.

@whoever asked if I could get all the peens. No. Even excluding clbum based, there are many retired peens that I don’t have.

SoronTheBeast Posted:

Well, by “new players” I really meant ‘non-you’ players…

So you want to create a peen just because I’m annoying? Oh god, this might be the inspiration I need to start playing again! Log in to see images!

I agree with your thought, that it can be terribly discouraging for newer players. I’ve argued your thought so many times it’s not even funny. Most games have some sort of leader board thing, but the vast majority use a system where the board has a limited time span to earn/hold the spot. Or they have the “current” and the “all time.”

Honestly, the system is already used in Domination. While Dom as a game has it’s problems, the way overall, seasonal and weekly rewards work is actually very good. Play and earn medals. Play very well during a season and earn medals and end of season peen. Play devotedly and potentially earn the top medal holder peen. This is actually a very well done and rewarding system.

Some of the leader boards here would be very difficult to run that way, but several would work beautifully. Flezz would work brilliantly on a monthly or quarterly basis. Flezz could be calculated based on earnings during the current month rather than overall total.

Flezz, job points, friends, flamebate posts, fans, auctions, INCIT wins, HoS votes – these would all do very well with “seasons” – with a monthly or quarterly reset.

Many have suggested milestone peens, and that would be cool, too. Variety is good.

SoronTheBeast

Avatar: 159958 2010-01-24 16:32:03 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

There's your 3 BPs. Now stop ****ing whining about THIRTEEN CENTS you pathetic no-lifer. - Fran

scully Posted:

So you want to create a peen just because I’m annoying? Oh god, this might be the inspiration I need to start playing again! Log in to see images!

scully Posted:

I agree with your thought, that it can be terribly discouraging for newer players. I’ve argued your thought so many times it’s not even funny. Most games have some sort of leader board thing, but the vast majority use a system where the board has a limited time span to earn/hold the spot. Or they have the “current” and the “all time.”

Yeah. I mean, that’s basically what I’m saying. There should be a way to make the leaderboards more ‘dynamic.’ Unfortunately, the only way I could think to do that would be to penalize players at the top.

For example, lets say every week the person at the top of the Flezz leaderboard lost  1,000,000 or something. Not enough to change who is on top, but it would make the top position more precarious, and if the leader took a few months off, he would not be the leader any more.

(this of course could not really work for E-Peen, subtracting .01 every week or something, because they are much harder to get than  )

scully Posted:

Honestly, the system is already used in Domination. While Dom as a game has it’s problems, the way overall, seasonal and weekly rewards work is actually very good. Play and earn medals. Play very well during a season and earn medals and end of season peen. Play devotedly and potentially earn the top medal holder peen. This is actually a very well done and rewarding system.

I defiantly agree with this, and I personally think this kind of thing should be used in other aspects of the game.

scully Posted:

Some of the leader boards here would be very difficult to run that way, but several would work beautifully. Flezz would work brilliantly on a monthly or quarterly basis. Flezz could be calculated based on earnings during the current month rather than overall total.

Flezz, job points, friends, flamebate posts, fans, auctions, INCIT wins, HoS votes – these would all do very well with “seasons” – with a monthly or quarterly reset.

Many have suggested milestone peens, and that would be cool, too. Variety is good.

Yes, all of those are VERY good suggestions, and would achieve what I was looking for. (and do sound more fun than my penalty system… more fun for the people at the top anyway Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!