Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
tl;dr forumwarz is worth about $4 in my opinion

ElGrande

Level 32 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

ChilePepino Posted:

holy **** 15$ for a movie? your theaters are expensive.

Yeah, that is really expensive. Most theaters around here are $11-12. Obviously if you spring for popcorn/soda/candy you break the $15 barrier pretty fast.

Going to the movies is a pretty expensive form of entertainment unless you start comparing it to concerts and live theater. Heck, I spend about $15 a MONTH on Netflix, and can pop my own popcorn!

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

Evil Trout Posted:

Feel free to not buy it!

You’re the consummate salesman, ET.

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

Evil Trout Posted:

Yeah that’s for the nice theatres near where I live. It’s $14.95CDN which is $14.31USD today. I rounded up Log in to see images!

Because of that high price we generally go to the really ****ty theatre that charges us $8CDN instead, but that amount didn’t make my point as well Log in to see images!

But yeah, what McB said, it’s all about perception of value. I honestly don’t care if you don’t think it’s worth it. I just ask that you consider how much time you spend playing it before you say that Log in to see images!

yeah dude in downtown TO its mad expensive for movies, its about 8$ here for a movie.

iSecksMachine

Avatar: 187298 2009-10-28 20:24:45 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Your opinion is unimportant go back to the kitchen.

Also I only pay like $5 for movies =P.

Bandaney

Avatar: 70433 2014-06-07 22:10:47 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 60 Hacker

Ask me about how many male reproductive organs in my bum :zak:

ChilePepino Posted:

The nice theatres around here would charge about $4-6USD plus extras (popcorn, soda, etc.), but maybe the concept of nice and ****ty between countries is different (it is).

Oh yes! Log in to see images!

Joseph of Su-
burbia

Avatar: 182182 2014-09-14 14:41:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Foumwarz.com, Dev-free since 2012!

Our movie theater costs $9.25 per movie. But we have a cheap theater thats $2 and gets movies about a week after they leave theaters, which is nice.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Maybe I should change the thread title to ‘Offical Movie Price Discussion Thread’

SuperSonic

Avatar: 148701 2010-01-03 11:24:25 -0500

[WeChall]

Level 43 Hacker

“Backdoor Bob”

AIDS woman's genitals Posted:

LOL,Log in to see images!

Id buy that dollar for a dollar too.

Evil Trout Posted:

Maybe I should change the thread title to ‘Offical Movie Price Discussion Thread’

That too.

OP iz p bumhurt cuz FWZ’s rankings totally pwn his My Brute or something imo.

SuperSonic edited this message on 10/29/2009 12:16PM

SoronTheBeast

Avatar: 159958 2010-01-24 16:32:03 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

There's your 3 BPs. Now stop ****ing whining about THIRTEEN CENTS you pathetic no-lifer. - Fran

SHAMELESSMONSTER Posted:

I just finished chapter one, and was given the opportunity to purchase access to chapter 2. I’m gonna pbum on this for the following reasons:

* game needs to be more reactive/dynamic to the different attacks, less repetitive

basically, my strategy = deploy fbo code x10, deploy xss code x10, use a consumable for ego if necessary, power up attack, 75 point attack, 35 point attack, rinse, repeat. the forum text was clever, but outside of the humor there was no incentive to read it, if it hinted that an aggression based attack would do quadruple damage, then i might have paid more attention.

* the flash animation transition cinematic from episode 1 to episode 2 is of relatively poor quality compared to the rest of the game, graphicswise, puzzlewise, and expositionwise. (yes, i know that none of those are actual words, kktx) that transition is your last/best chance at making a sale / closing the deal, and it fails to do that. rather than the lame animation, hype the advanced features in episode 2: filtering auctions by buyout, if you’re a camwhore, hire a person/bot who plays a re-re to help you bumault a particularly tough forum, ability to spend upgrade points on a particular type of attack, make it easy to upload custom gifs ( that would be randomly selected ) for each attack type.

p.s.r.c. (post-scripted random male reproductive organsuckery)

great to see a game that is not politically correct

the forum topics/threads are really very funny if you stop to read them

the occasional embedded audio files are really well done

the auction house is great, the “search engine” not so much

i really hope this game succeeds, it’s obvious you guys put a ton of work into it.

What your fail to realize is the real game begins after you beat Ep2. The multiplayer Domination is the real game, and you need Ep2 to play it. Log in to see images!

Chronic-Boy

Avatar: 128365 2009-10-31 08:19:01 -0400

[WeChallNot]

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

I agree with OP game play was rubbish and so on i choose not to buy EP2 (mostly cause i dont have any cash Log in to see images!) but i stuck around for the coumunity rather than the game.

SoronTheBeast Posted:

What your fail to realize is the real game begins after you beat Ep2. The multiplayer Domination is the real game, and you need Ep2 to play it. Log in to see images!

no its not and no you dont, dom is rubbish.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

SoronTheBeast Posted:

The multiplayer Domination is the real game, and you need Ep2 to play it. Log in to see images!

You’re kidding, right?

SoronTheBeast

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

There's your 3 BPs. Now stop ****ing whining about THIRTEEN CENTS you pathetic no-lifer. - Fran

Nicco Posted:

You’re kidding, right?

I was more saying you can’t play it, and expect to win a season.

At least, as far as I can tell. It would be pretty hard to do as a level 11.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

SoronTheBeast Posted:

I bought Ep. 2 a long time ago and I’m sure I will never be in the top 10 for any dom season. Log in to see images!

Lady Banhamm-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Gunther, you’re the one my mama loves but daddy wont

SoronTheBeast Posted:

At least, as far as I can tell. It would be pretty hard to do as a level 11.

You don’t have to buy Ep 2 to get to level 35, sweetie.

SoronTheBeast

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Nicco Posted:

I bought Ep. 2 a long time ago and I’m sure I will never be in the top 10 for any dom season. Log in to see images!More or less sure if you’d not bought it?

Well, nm. If your not planing on playing any of the end game content, I would agree with the OP. Judging it ONLY ON STORY CONTENT ep 2 is not worth 10 bucks.

I’ve read better stories in a $3 comic.

However, if you add in everything else ep2 gives you, I feel it is worth the money.

SoronTheBeast

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Lady Banhammer Posted:

You don’t have to buy Ep 2 to get to level 35, sweetie.

Ah, this I was not aware of. NVM me than, I guess I’m just a n00b. Log in to see images!

Dorque

Avatar: 84988 Sat Nov 29 18:46:03 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Evil Trout Posted:

Yeah that’s for the nice theatres near where I live. It’s $14.95CDN which is $14.31USD today. I rounded up Log in to see images!

Because of that high price we generally go to the really ****ty theatre that charges us $8CDN instead, but that amount didn’t make my point as well Log in to see images!

But yeah, what McB said, it’s all about perception of value. I honestly don’t care if you don’t think it’s worth it. I just ask that you consider how much time you spend playing it before you say that Log in to see images!

I’ve started only going to movies when I’ve either saved up enough SCENE points for a free one, or when I get free tickets through Coke points >_>

Seriously, it’s terrible… Guelph has ONE theatre, that one’s around $15 without concession…. Kitchener’s not much different, although I believe they have two theatres… but then there’s gas prices to get there.

It’s kind of scary just how much money a night at the movies costs if you’re Canadian. My brother told me about one fellow he works with for whom a night at the movies with his family of four costs over $120 cdn. Over a hundred and twenty bucks for an hour and a half movie with your wife and kids.

SuperSonic

Avatar: 148701 2010-01-03 11:24:25 -0500

[WeChall]

Level 43 Hacker

“Backdoor Bob”

EDIT: nvm

SuperSonic edited this message on 10/30/2009 2:19AM

Blu3Schnauzer

Avatar: 16117 Sun Feb 22 17:55:30 -0500 2009

[Fetal Alcohol Pupp-
ets
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

$15 for a movie? Seriously? I guess I have no right to complain about the $8.50 I pay for a nightly show.

I still reserve the right to complain about the fact that, as a film fan, I live in a small city and yet somehow we have a grand total of only four movie theaters. Two of which are owned by the same company and show the exact same movies, one of which is a second run that shows the same movies but cheaper, later, and in a crappier theater, and the last of which shows most of the same movies as the other three, but occasionally does sneak in a film that is not a “blockbuster”.

And the film school people won’t let me sneak in to see their good stuff anymore. Stupid greedy film distributers.

Mind if I post suggestion to increase the value of forumwarz?

Now where do I post suggestion to increase the value of forumwarz?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!