Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Unban Unban Merc. Also demod spacekadt

Shishi

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Very nice!

Spacekadt: The Banerator

MercWithMouth

Avatar: 150029 2009-09-15 13:35:36 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 35 Hacker

Verbose and long-winded as always

Quan, thanks for the support.

i DID skim through a good portion of the thread.

Needless to say… I was neither surprised that it was the usual retards posting and inflating things as always (I particularly enjoyed the “quote same thing and be done with it” posts)...

Nor that they’ll NEVER pbum-up a chance to use their own time to shower me with attention. Log in to see images!

Bottom-line as to the ‘ban’ itself…

I’m at best reluctant to apologize. I was not breaking any rules nor swearing-off at the mouth.

While I can certainly understand why a mod ought be allowed to work free of interruption when helping out a player…

That simply was not what was taking place at the time. Rather, I was telling a mod why I disagreed with what he did. It was only a week or two ago I remember that Duca and Jalapeno had a very long discussion in INCIT where Duca was VERY LOUDLY disagreeing with Jalapeno’s request for her to layoff the spamming. Duca, as I recall, was not terribly civil during the conversation, nor was she banned for pursuing it with persistence.

Nor should she have been.

After all, on a site where people are free to chant anything from the n-word to ‘mudkips’ to ‘fabulous person’ without relent… why shouldn’t there be room for questioning somebody’s decision-making?

Spacey…

sugar…

Hey, I appreciate that you thought you were doing your job…

but I still feel pretty strongly you over-reacted.

MercWithMouth

[WeChall]

Level 35 Hacker

MercWithMouth Posted:

”quote same thing and be done with it”

MercWithMouth Posted:

MercWithMouth Posted:

MercWithMouth Posted:

MercWithMouth Posted:

MercWithMouth Posted:

MercWithMouth Posted:

MercWithMouth Posted:

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Oh look, merc posted another tl;dr.

MercWithMouth

[WeChall]

Level 35 Hacker

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Oh look, merc posted another tl;dr.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

MercWithMouth Posted:

You probably don’t even know what tldr stands for, yet you spam it mindlessly.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

MercWithMouth Posted:

lol u mad?

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

Adapt Posted:

lol u mad?

Adapt Posted:

implying merc is anything but mad

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

wow that is a ****ty firefox theme

nTerra

Avatar: 58905 Mon Oct 27 17:12:24 -0400 2008

Level 29 Camwhore

“Playmate of the Month”

MercWithMouth Posted:

You’re not helping your case much here. It’s probably best just to drop the whole thing. Log in to see images!

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

nTerra Posted:

You’re not helping your case much here. It’s probably best just to drop the whole thing. Log in to see images!

But lawyers can’t abandon a case, at least that’s how it goes in Phoenix Wright.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

You’re not going to like this reply, Merc, but that’s okay.

You were out of line. You were given multiple opportunities to take the right path, but you didn’t. When you raised an objection, you were overruled. When that happens in an actual court, you do not continue to badger the judge. You file an appeal.

Instead, you continued to question the judge, make demands, in the courtroom, instead of at the bench or in chambers, and despite several warnings, you continued to press the issue. And you were held in contempt of court.

Neither Phineas nor Spacey were out of line, and you know it. You’ve seen people temp-banned for less. The only reason it’s an ‘injustice’ this time is because it relates to you.

MercWithMouth

[WeChall]

Level 35 Hacker

Sergeant Cid Posted:

You’ve seen people temp-banned for less.

I say in complete honesty that nothing comes to mind.

But… if you can point out some instances where you’re aware that “I’ve (i.e., MercWithMouth) seen people temp-banned for less,” then I’d be seriously prepared to revise my position or apologize.

ADDENDUM: Especially because YOU are the one that would have pointed them out.

MercWithMouth edited this message on 10/12/2009 9:11AM

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

also merc I for one would enjoy it if you continued your little “everyone’s an idiot but me and people who like me” crusade because it’s generating the most hilarious drama and chatlogs I’ve read in a long time.

Oh and just so you know, FWZ has hosted numerous crusaders in its time. I am reminded of Recommencer and Fenk the Evil Midnight Stabber, both of whom were widely reviled. They both left.

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

Merc, in regards to your posterior inflammation, would you like some Preparation H?

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

onnlyy goodd mod wbums mcbb and he’ss gonne soo id dodn’t teeven knwow what peopele are attalinkg aboutt.

alslso i didnd’t readd al tthat ****t merrc postted

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Regardless of whether I can provide an example or not, the point still stands that you were told to stop, and you didn’t. You were told to stop by two different Moderators, and you didn’t. You were given the option to pursue your agenda along different paths, and you still didn’t.

Your primary defense seems to be that since Phineas wasn’t ‘actively’ bumisting a specific player, then the rule in question didn’t apply. This is a very weak argument, for a number of reasons.

1. The situation was occurring in INCIT, which is Phineas’s specific domain. While INCIT is running, and he is in there, he is actively bumisting players, in the general sense.

2. Phineas may have been engaged in a private conversation with another player. Since you are not privy to his private communication, you have no way of knowing whether or not he was bumisting a specific player or not.

3. As far as the rules are concerned, I bring your attention to two very important clauses:

IMPORTANT NOTE: These rules are intended as guidelines. The absence of a specific rule prohibiting a specific action is not to be considered permission to engage in that action, nor is it a defense against any consequences for said action.

In other words, if you “push the envelope” or “dance on the line,” you do so at your own risk, and accept full responsibility for the consequences of your actions.

This alone is more than sufficient in this situation.

If a moderator is trying to help someone (in IDC, Flamebate, etc.), don’t **** them off. It is at the discretion of any moderator/administrator to ban a user temporarily or permanently. Don’t make them want to.

This is the rule you keep referencing. You seem to think that the first sentence is some type of requirement clause for the rest of the rule to apply. It is not. In fact, the first rule quoted should make that perfectly clear. Just because it’s not listed as a specific rule doesn’t mean there can’t be consequences for the actions.

In fact, if you actually consider that first rule carefully, then any claim of Mod Abuse on your part is sort of ridiculous. The fact is that 99% of the time, we only take action based on those things that are specifically listed in the rules. But that is actually self-imposed limitation, not a requirement. Occasionally, we feel compelled to delve into that 1%.

In other words, you danced on the line at your own risk, and you accepted full responsibility for the consequences of those actions.

Sergeant Cid edited this message on 10/12/2009 10:28AM

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

rpp is wall-offf-tesxt serriouss bussiness.

CHALKONEUPTO-
DALORD

Avatar: 49117 2011-10-31 03:55:43 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 10 Camwhore

You should listen to the groovy trip-hop in my sig

ChilePepino Posted:

kraigu

Avatar: 132907 2010-01-24 16:36:53 -0500

Level 69 Hacker

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

ChilePepino Posted:

Merc is RPing a lawyer and Sgt is RPing a kindly judge who has a bottle stashed in his drawer.

Here’s a kittycat: Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!