Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 There is a bug in the game chat thing in one of the missions

Dysnomia

Level 69 Emo Kid

ovaarian hormoones

Ok I just started this game and I had a mission from someone called Krystl_Crackr1969 but the mission isn’t important in this bug.

When you start talking to her you get the choice to say “Merry meet and shall I say… blessed be” which I chose but then I only had one choice after that saying that I was mocking her.

Thing is I wasn’t mocking her. I was greeting someone else who was obviously in “the craft”. Why would I want to mock someone especially a girl on the internet.

The chat choices are very unrealistic. There was a chat where you had to talk to an old man who pretended to be a little girl. That was very unrealistic cause I don’t think that old men who pretend to be girls on the internet are that obvious

Thanks for listening and I hope these bugs get fixed

-=Dysnomia=-

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

request to move to whiney ****es

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

welcome to forumwarz dialogs.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

ChilePepino Posted:

welcome to forumwarz

EDIT: Those aren’t bugs. The game bumumes you’re a troll, and therefore the “polite” comment in this case is bumumed to be a mock.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 09/08/2009 1:50PM

Dysnomia

Level 69 Emo Kid

ovaarian hormoones

MC Banhammer Posted:

The game bumumes you’re a troll.

But I am not a troll. I am an emo. Surely this is a bug

-=Dysnomia=-

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Dysnomia Posted:

But I am not a troll. I am an emo. Surely this is a bug

-=Dysnomia=-

Sadly, no. It’s not. The game thinks you’re a troll pretending to be an emo kid. Despite the cinematic which clearly showed you’re an emo kid.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Sadly, no. It’s not. The game thinks you’re a troll pretending to be an emo kid. Despite the cinematic which clearly showed you’re an emo kid.

Very meta.

The game is only written for garrulous male trolls. It completely ruins any sense of immersion or any reason for having different clbumes, but they won’t hear a word against it.

Dysnomia

Level 69 Emo Kid

ovaarian hormoones

MC Banhammer Posted:

To be honest I don’t really fit in the emo kid area I’m more of wiccan.

Actually I don’t really follow the wiccan religion but I do the magick like tarot cards and meditation my religion that I have bumociated myself with is discordianism which explains my username lol Log in to see images!

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Certainly, as a discordian for several years, I don’t understand why another discordian would believe on such things as tarot cards, divination and/or relating one-self to Wicca.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

MC Banhammer Posted:

The default position of the user, who we call Player 1, is a somewhat wry, sarcastic, fairly educated individual who understandably reacts in a mocking way to the bewildering away of characters who he or she encounters in sTalk.

The clbum you choose, whether it’s Emo Kid, Troll, Hacker, etc., is merely the stance you take when posting in forums. These are the only times you’re role-playing in the character you’ve created for yourself (as imagined in your clbum cinematic, which clearly conflicts with the reality of P1’s situation).

This has actually been explained numerous times, although many of our players — even longtime users with a degree of cachet here — either fail to grasp this concept or pretend not to.

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

ChilePepino Posted:

Certainly, as a discordian for several years, I don’t understand why another discordian would believe on such things as tarot cards, divination and/or relating one-self to Wicca.

I’m more puzzled why a discordian wouldn’t understand that the dialogues are obviously jokes and would make a thread saying that the don’t get the joke.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

The clbum you choose, whether it’s Emo Kid, Troll, Hacker, etc., is merely the stance you take when posting in forums. These are the only times you’re role-playing in the character you’ve created for yourself (as imagined in your clbum cinematic, which clearly conflicts with the reality of P1’s situation).

I’m still not getting this.

The cinematics lead you to believe that they represent your character’s backstory. There’s no indication that it is not what your character believes and the source of their motivation. That’s how most RPGs work, and that’s what’s throwing me off.

If you intend it to be otherwise, there should be an initial panel indicating that.

Dysnomia

Level 69 Emo Kid

ovaarian hormoones

ChilePepino Posted:

that’s probalby why it’s called discord lol Log in to see images!

-=Dysnomia=-

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

SanDyk Posted:

I’m more puzzled why a discordian wouldn’t understand that the dialogues are obviously jokes and would make a thread saying that the don’t get the joke.

this too but im kind of tired.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

MC Banhammer Posted:

I’m still not getting this.

The cinematics lead you to believe that they represent your character’s backstory. There’s no indication that it is not what your character believes and the source of their motivation. That’s how most RPGs work, and that’s what’s throwing me off.

If you intend it to be otherwise, there should be an initial panel indicating that.

The cinematic is a backstory you make for yourself, and it couldn’t possibly be happening concurrently with the game’s events. Putting an initial panel indicating that isn’t a bad idea, although it might kind of spoil it.

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

your character is deluded that they are this internet persona on forums and but when they chat to people they are just an bum

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

The cinematic is a backstory you make for yourself, and it couldn’t possibly be happening concurrently with the game’s events. Putting an initial panel indicating that isn’t a bad idea, although it might kind of spoil it.

Ah. I see how you’re thinking now.

Of course it couldn’t happen concurrently. But it happens as soon as you choose a clbum. Choosing a clbum doesn’t feel like part of the story, it feels like an integral part of the game. “Hey, nice of you to decide you like playing, now you can choose how you’d like to play from here on out.”

Change excre-bot’s dialogue on the character clbum selection page to indicate that you’re now picking a backstory for your online persona, to be used on all postings but not in private chats, and that clears up not only this but the male/female thing (which is reported from time to time) as well.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

MC Banhammer Posted:

Ah. I see how you’re thinking now.

Of course it couldn’t happen concurrently. But it happens as soon as you choose a clbum. Choosing a clbum doesn’t feel like part of the story, it feels like an integral part of the game. “Hey, nice of you to decide you like playing, now you can choose how you’d like to play from here on out.”

Change excre-bot’s dialogue on the character clbum selection page to indicate that you’re now picking a backstory for your online persona, to be used on all postings but not in private chats, and that clears up not only this but the male/female thing (which is reported from time to time) as well.

Okay. I like this idea.

Excrebot 5000 Will Have Posted:

<Your Clbum is an online persona you create for yourself, including a constructed background story to help you identify with your new role. It will also determine which abilities are available to you when battling forums.>

Doesn’t quite explain why P1 can be a bit male reproductive organish from time to time, although the truly mean responses generally lead to an Alignment change. The truth is, if all of P1’s dialog was that of a ceaselessly polite naif, it’d be pretty boring.

Jalapeno Bootyhole edited this message on 09/08/2009 3:08PM

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Doesn’t quite explain why P1 can be a bit male reproductive organish from time to time, although the truly mean responses generally lead to an Alignment change. The truth is, if all of P1’s dialog was that of a ceaselessly polite naif, it’d be pretty boring.

Or maybe it’s because the writer is a big tool and all that is seeping through into the chat choices! Dohoho!

On a serious note though, this is the first time I’ve really “gotten” the whole ‘backstory’ thing. So thank you for clarifying.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!