Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Religion If God doesn't exist..

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Aldo_Anything Posted:

The principle of cause and effect does not apply IMO.

I worded poorly. The OP questions what created the universe. Your argument is that the universe is making copies (sometimes different) of itself. That doesn’t answer the OP’s question: Where does the ORIGINAL universe come from?

Also, who was the first to snipe?

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

edit: Ninja’d.

Sneaky27 edited this message on 09/04/2009 12:35PM

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

MC Banhammer Posted:

I worded poorly. The OP questions what created the universe. Your argument is that the universe is making copies (sometimes different) of itself. That doesn’t answer the OP’s question: Where does the ORIGINAL universe come from?

Also, who was the first to snipe?

The universe as we know it may only be a low-dimensional reflection of a multi-dimensional continuum detached from time(s). I think there was no creation, only constant transformation.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Aldo, if you believe in the ‘Primordial Particle’ or ‘Cosmic Egg’ theory (essentially, the ‘Big Bang’, in which all the matter of the universe was hypercondensed into a particle smaller than any subatomic particle in existence), then you have to address the question of the origin of that particle.

Where did it come from?

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Aldo_Anything Posted:

I think there was no creation, only constant transformation.

???

How can there be transformation of anything if it wasn’t there to begin with?

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Aldo_Anything Posted:

The universe as we know it may only be a low-dimensional reflection of a multi-dimensional continuum detached from time(s). I think there was no creation, only constant transformation.

If something is being ‘transformed’, then what is the origin of that ‘something’?

Are you suggesting infinite existence, both forward and backward through infinite time? That everything simply ‘is’?

Aldo_Anything

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Aldo, if you believe in the ‘Primordial Particle’ or ‘Cosmic Egg’ theory (essentially, the ‘Big Bang’, in which all the matter of the universe was hypercondensed into a particle smaller than any subatomic particle in existence), then you have to address the question of the origin of that particle.

Where did it come from?

MC Banhammer Posted:

???

How can there be transformation of anything if it wasn’t there to begin with?

I’m talking about E=mc². Energy transforms into matter and vice versa. We may only be able to go back to seconds after the big bang, but that does not mean that there hasn’t been one before.

Energy is universal and wasn’t created.

Peregrine

Avatar: 135742 2011-10-31 19:55:54 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 35 Camwhore

Forumwarz' Pretend Homosexual

if god doesn’t exist, i will eventually get hungry and have to eat and my hair will get dirty and i will have to shower

if god exists, i will eventually get hungry and have to eat and my hair will get dirty and i will have to shower

i honestly cannot think of any aspect of my life that would be different if either theory about the creation of the universe were proved to be true because god fails to make himself apparent to us if he is there

i would be conceited to think that my good looks were conceived purely by the random combination of genes and that i just have better luck than most people, and i would be foolish to believe that something out there was watching me at every second and judging what i do, but this argument simply is not relevant to the modern world

its like looking at a guy with jizz all over his chest and arguing whether he masturbated with his left hand or his right hand; the only thing that really matters is that somehow it happened and now theres a huge mess to take care of

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Aldo_Anything Posted:

I so don’t understand you.

Where did the energy come from, then?

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Aldo_Anything Posted:

So, all of the energy in the universe, whether it is currently in matter form or not, has always existed, into the infinite past?

Aldo_Anything

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Sergeant Cid Posted:

So, all of the energy in the universe, whether it is currently in matter form or not, has always existed, into the infinite past?

Yes, and will continue to do so. Does that sound esoteric? For me, it’s all about energy and circuits.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Aldo_Anything Posted:

Yes, and will continue to do so. Does that sound esoteric? For me, it’s all about energy and circuits.

I believe a giant cosmic Eagle shat out all the different iterations of the “universe” and that red shift is being caused because our “universe” is in a bubble that is forming in one of the **** piles as it’s being heated by a multi-dimensional megastar. Oh and the Eagle eats old **** once it’s thoroughly baked by the megastar thats how it gets nutrients to **** out more universes.

Where did the Eagle come from? Irrelevant. For me it’s all about the Eagles and digestive tracts.

Zehd

Avatar: 204901 2010-08-26 18:31:16 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

MY male reproductive organ TASTES LIKE CHOCOLATE AND EJACULATES MONEY

Aldo_Anything Posted:

I have to agree with Aldo on this. Being able to grasp the concept of ‘infinite space/time’ is a doozy in itself- it screws with our perception of reality – in which we have a hard time accepting the fact there IS no beginning, and no end.

It always was, and always will be.

We compartmentalise time- which itself isn’t a man made construct(Only the numerous methods of MEASURING time we’ve created throughout man’s history are). Time is a measurement of change. Without time there can be no change. And again, time is unique perceptual experience in itself to each individual noting the pbumage of it.

Its all stories we tell ourselves, really. To help us make sense of this universe we NEED to percieve it as linear, because our consciousness has a beginning and an end.

“TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED…

HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO be HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.”- Terry Pratchett’s Discworld Death

or, if you favor the big bang…

“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Moniker

Avatar: 132630 Thu Mar 26 18:33:33 -0400 2009

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Most of what I’d like to to say has already been said here, so this will likely be short.

OverclockedJesus and man-man put it succinctly. “Who made the universe” begs the question, and it’s illogical to stop an infinite regress by making up something out of whole cloth.

Shii, you attempt to solve this problem by defining something outside of nature, which is irrational on the very face of it. As there is nothing outside nature which has even approached demonstrability, let alone a “supernatural creator” to whom one might ascribe a number of other characteristics, it is wholly unscientific to bumume such a thing exists. We do, however, know that the universe exists – so with the data we’ve got at hand, it makes the most sense to bumume that it has always been around and always will be.

Finally, there was no “before” the universe, because the universe exists in no less than four dimensions. I’m talking about time, here. To say something like “before” the universe or “after” the universe is a non-sequitur of the very worst kind, in the same way “outside” or “past” the universe is absurd.

These questions boil down, ultimately, to faith. Faith is an unsubstantiated belief; something which one holds to be true in spite of a lack of evidence. There is evidence for the universe, clearly, and so it behooves us not to make things up which would violate all known laws of physics. We leave that to quantum mechanics.

QED.

If I’ve screwed something up, it’s the beer talking, and I hope someone will correct me. It’s just that I find first cause arguments to be so ridiculous as to be unworthy of extensive thought.

Moniker edited this message on 09/04/2009 4:59PM

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Moniker Posted:

Most of what I’d like to to say has already been said here, so this will likely be short.

OverclockedJesus and man-man put it succinctly. “Who made the universe” is begs the question, and it’s illogical to stop an infinite regress by making up something out of whole cloth.

Shii, you attempt to solve this problem by defining something outside of nature, which is irrational on the very face of it. As there is nothing outside nature which has even approached demonstrability, let alone a “supernatural creator” to whom one might ascribe a number of other characteristics, it is wholly unscientific to bumume such a thing exists. We do, however, know that the universe exists – so with the data we’ve got at hand, it makes the most sense to bumume that it has always been around and always will be.

Finally, there was no “before” the universe, because the universe exists in no less than four dimensions. I’m talking about time, here. To say something like “before” the universe or “after” the universe is a non-sequitur of the very worst kind, in the same way “outside” or “past” the universe is absurd.

These questions boil down, ultimately, to faith. Faith is an unsubstantiated belief; something which one holds to be true in spite of a lack of evidence. There is evidence for the universe, clearly, and so it behooves us not to make things up which would violate all known laws of physics. We leave that to quantum mechanics.

QED.

If I’ve screwed something up, it’s the beer talking, and I hope someone will correct me. It’s just that I find first cause arguments to be so ridiculous as to be unworthy of extensive thought.

lmao yep the most logical and scientific thing to do when you can’t explain somethings origin is to go “welp that musta just always been there Log in to see images!

Moniker

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

lmao yep the most logical and scientific thing to do when you can’t explain somethings origin is to go “welp that musta just always been there Log in to see images!

You’re right, that was an error on my part. It’s not my field and so I’m not quite qualified to argue that particular point. I do know, however, that making something up out of whole cloth (it’s an idiom. Please Google it) is most certainly not scientific.

EDIT: In other words, it has yet to be demonstrated that a supernatural creator must exist in order for the universe to exist. On the other hand, the universe does exist, and apparently of its own accord. And there I go, personifying nature again. I’ve got to stop doing that.

Moniker edited this message on 09/04/2009 4:43PM

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

OverclockedJesus Posted:

Begs the question that the universe was made. Rejected as such.

whoa i missed this, 1st post. Do you have a radar for internet arguments about God and the lack thereof?

Moniker

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

Do you have a radar for internet arguments about God and the lack thereof?

Yes.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Moniker Posted:

On the other hand, the universe does exist, and apparently of its own accord.

Umm… No “apparently” about it. You can just as easily say “the universe does exist, and apparently by the hand of a creator” and be just as accurate.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

I get really excited about trying to shatter peoples faith online too Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!