Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Drugs Luck versus Charisma

Afterthotz

Avatar: 187543 2010-01-24 16:13:10 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

I lurk much better than I post - and my lurking skills really suck.

Fairly new here, and I had a few questions for all you veterans out there concerning Luck and Charisma when it comes to rollovers and deliveries.

As I understand it, Luck affects the quality (or should I say Flezziness?) of the items your ‘fans’ send you… the higher your Luck the better your chance of recieving a Venus de Milo as opposed to a Toilet Brush from said fan.

And again, as I understand it, Charisma affect the NUMBER of gifts your ‘fans’ send you.

So I was wondering, which is better if you had to choose? Quality or Quantity?

I’m currently sitting at 91 Luck and 69 Charisma (when I switch to my ‘waiting for gifts’ equipment as opposed to my ‘pwn some forums equipment’ ) Log in to see images! Hoping that actually works

Also, are there any caps to these stats? Any input would be appreciated.

Bandaney

Avatar: 70433 2014-06-07 22:10:47 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 60 Hacker

Ask me about how many male reproductive organs in my bum :zak:

I didn’t even know how those worked because I don’t really care about flezz, but one Venus is obviously better than 30 Empty Gas Pumps if you know what I mean.

Yesterday I pwned 12 low level (less than 7) forums and got  258,218 in deliveries. I have only 56 luck and 38 charisma. How much do you get in deliveries everyday? Just curious, because you have very high luck.

Afterthotz

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

I’ll be honest, I usually don’t have the time to visit everyday. I make a point to come by twice a week and use 3 days worth (12 visits) in a row. That skews what I usually get into one big lump sum…usually somewhere between 500 – 700K.

I’d say I’m averaging the same Flezz as you per 4 forum visit though.

Basicly I’m just trying to save up for some of the more pricey items, that will only raise my Luck/Charisma around 10-15 points in the long run. It’s quite a leap price-wise from a +5/6 item to a +7.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Wow… you have a fair number of points sunk into Luck/Charisma, huh.

I followed what seems to be the standard strategy of buying the attacks, then putting enough points into Ego that I don’t die and throwing very nearly everything else into Offence. I can still manage 81 luck/71 charisma from items though Log in to see images!

That normally nets me 150-200K for using 4 visits in a day, I think there’s a bit of a diminishing return when you use more all at once – one 12-visit day getting you less flezz than three 4-visit days. More commonly though I get about 40K for pwning Hall of Faded Fame 4 times in search of pieces of the Pink Floyd file then forgetting to re-equip my good rollover items.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

To be honest, this is something there’s not a lot of good data on. I’ve wondered about this algorithm for a long time. Were you to figure it out, you would be much respected.

The central question, essentially, is “where does the effect of charisma cap?” i.e. at what point does more charisma become meaningless? Supposedly there is a maximum number of junk items you can receive in your deliveries. When this cap is reached, you then would want to max out your luck to make sure that the items you get are the best i.e. the more venuses you get, the better.

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

I have 55 luck, 99 charisma at rollover with ghax and got ~60 items (worth 423k total) for pwning 12 forums today.

will update this next time I get deliveries (wednesday)

man-man Posted:

total cred earned, number of forums pwned, number of distinct forums pwned, and almost certainly a random element.

No promises, but if we can collect enough data on all of that then the random part will average out and it might become solvable.

I’ll try and get the same equips on genericwhore so that I can actually pay attention to the stuff.

ghax edited this message on 08/13/2009 8:47AM

man-man

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

If we can get a lot of people posting this kind of info, I might try and work some graph-fu to see if we can see a trend line.

Thing is there’s more factors than just luck and charisma – total cred earned, number of forums pwned, number of distinct forums pwned, and almost certainly a random element.

No promises, but if we can collect enough data on all of that then the random part will average out and it might become solvable. Would help if there was some agreement on a variety of standard luck/charisma values and which forums to run.

man-man edited this message on 08/13/2009 8:51AM

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Luck is much more important. Though both luck and charisma help you get flezz at rollover, luck is more important because luck is what gets you better moar files every time you pwn a thread.

Fortunato

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

Celerysteve Posted:

Luck is much more important. Though both luck and charisma help you get flezz at rollover, luck is more important because luck is what gets you better moar files every time you pwn a thread.

that’s a messy question to; some of the best/most expensive .moar files are low luck, case and point, Pink Floyd. But really that’s beyond the scope of this thread.

Afterthotz

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Nice, thanks for the input everybody! I made the mistake of Pwnshopping all my deliveries this morning before checking on this thread, so I didn’t think write down exactly WHAT I got from my ‘fans’.

In the future, as time permits – I’ll drop by here and list

1)What/how many forums were pwned

2)My current Luck/Charisma

3)A list and number of the specific items that arrived during rollover

Is that the data we’re specifically looking for here?

Also, one more question that probably has no answer… I’m currently switching to items that increase my Luck/Charisma right after using up all my forum visits for the day.

Do you think that this helps with the rollover? Or do you think that the items I’m going to receive is determined AS I finish pwning a forum, and not at 6:59 AM?

Celerysteve -
from an Alte-
rnate Univer-
se

Avatar: 202036 2011-01-22 12:20:19 -0500

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 9 Camwhore

This user was dimension banned by FalconFour

Isn’t charisma better for camwhores though?

Celerysteve from an Alternate Universe edited this message on 08/13/2009 11:44AM

Afterthotz

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

man-man Posted:

Wow… you have a fair number of points sunk into Luck/Charisma, huh.

As a Hacker (The only clbum I’ve played so far) I pretty much did the same as you, but everytime the option came up to increase my Luck I did so as well. I never had the option to upgrade my Charisma, so my 69 comes solely from equipment that I switch to before a rollover.

Afterthotz

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Monte Cristo Posted:

I THINK (and again I’m only a babe in the woods here) that as a Camwhore you have the option to stack a lot more Charisma than other clbumes, just as I – as a Hacker – have the ability to stack more luck. (4x Beastor Highspeed Cables)

I’m not sure though, as I’ve never seen a Camwhore’s Item Screen

Fortunato

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

Afterthotz Posted:

As a Hacker (The only clbum I’ve played so far) I pretty much did the same as you, but everytime the option came up to increase my Luck I did so as well. I never had the option to upgrade my Charisma, so my 69 comes solely from equipment that I switch to before a rollover.

OK, realize you can respec your chars at any time. ALso realize that all that matters is the number; your character’s clbum doesn’t matter. The numbers still do the same thing. Your clbum affects it in which equipment you can wear; a lot of hacker equipment raises luck, which means they have a major edge when it comes to luck. Camwhores have an easier time raising cha, which you can’t raise by re-specs.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Fortunato Posted:

that’s a messy question to; some of the best/most expensive .moar files are low luck, case and point, Pink Floyd. But really that’s beyond the scope of this thread.

I’m not talking about what moar files give you the most luck; that’s apples and oranges. I’m saying when you pwn a thread (if you have the spider equipped) you get a piece of a moar file. The higher your luck is the better the chance of you getting a better moar file piece.

Speaking of which, one time I got lucky IRL and got a piece Log in to see images!

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

Monte Cristo Posted:

More charisma is good for any clbum. Camwhores get more raw charisma than any other clbum since Who’s That **** Packs 1-4 are camwhore only upgrades that provide Charisma. (Also Lingerie)

Bandaney

Avatar: 70433 2014-06-07 22:10:47 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 60 Hacker

Ask me about how many male reproductive organs in my bum :zak:

Afterthotz Posted:

Also, one more question that probably has no answer… I’m currently switching to items that increase my Luck/Charisma right after using up all my forum visits for the day.

Do you think that this helps with the rollover? Or do you think that the items I’m going to receive is determined AS I finish pwning a forum, and not at 6:59 AM?

That’s the way everyone that wants good deliveries does it. When I was grinding for Pink Floyd, I used to unequip my Beast0rs and equip Haxt0rs instead (as Pink Floyd is a low luck file), and after I was done, I’d put my Beast0rs back on to get good deliveries, so yeah, do it.

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

Afterthotz Posted:

I’m not sure though, as I’ve never seen a Camwhore’s Item Screen

I’ll get an equip screenshot for you

Afterthotz

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

ghax Posted:

I’ll get an equip screenshot for you

Interesting, thanks Ghax. I’m suprised that as a Camwhore you can’t equip more than one piece of sexy clothes at the same time. I guess we Hackers are spoiled with our 4 Hardware slots… I’m bumuming that its the same for Permanoobs, Trolls etc when it comes to their (Clbum specific) item alottment as well. Not to get off topic, but why is that?

man-man

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Afterthotz Posted:

Bandaney Posted:

That’s the way everyone that wants good deliveries does it. When I was grinding for Pink Floyd, I used to unequip my Beast0rs and equip Haxt0rs instead (as Pink Floyd is a low luck file), and after I was done, I’d put my Beast0rs back on to get good deliveries, so yeah, do it.

I have at least 2, often 3 items that I keep around in each slot – 1 for maximum offence/defence for going pwning, 1 with maximum luck/charisma for rollover, and 1 with the best offence/defence and zero luck, for Floyd farming. Often there’s an overlap though – like Ripro for +7 to Offence, Defence, Luck and Charisma (good for both pwning and rollover)

I don’t think there’s any question that the items you get are determined at rollover, not on pwning each forum. High Luck and Charisma overnight is what does it.

If we want to make a serious effort at crunching the numbers, useful information would be the forums pwned, either the total amount of cred earned or the number of threads the forums had (to allow cred to be calculated), what your luck and charisma were on rollover, and then the number and combined value of the items you received in deliveries.

I’m thinking that the easiest way to figure out what’s best would be to group the data into blocks with similar amounts of cred earned/forums pwned, then graph it with luck on 1 axis, charisma on the other and the average resulting deliveries for the combination on each data point. That or eliminate the variability of different amounts of pwnage by telling everyone who wants to contribute to pwn the same forums at as close to max. threads as possible.

I won a brownie point that I have no particular plans for, could put up a contest along the lines of “Go pwn these forums, then tell us what your luck/charisma were on rollover and what deliveries you got, randomly selected entrant gets BP”. But making it a contest would just provide an incentive for people to submit made up numbers.

man-man edited this message on 08/13/2009 4:58PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!