Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock Flamebate restructure suggestion: Remove active posts

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I’m seeing several posts lately where people say they’ve missed seeing threads. I think the main reason for that is the Active Topics. Personally, I don’t like that methodology. People tend to only look at Active Topics, and so if something gets bumped off it for any reason (not just contest/kyoubai spam, or trolling spam), threads get missed. Same with updates to stickies, they’re very easy to miss if you just browse Active Topics a couple of times a day. And if you go on vacation, forget finding much of anything!

I would prefer the system to work like several other forums I’ve been on, where you can click on a link to see all updated threads since you last visited. One advantage of this is you’d automatically see all threads in secret forums you’re part of, mixed in with all the rest.

And surely if such a thing were implemented, it could be done not only over all posts, but also in each of the two areas of the board (CD and RP) so you could see all CD changes w/o RP spam, and vice-versa.

I’m not averse to having this functionality in addition to active topics, mind you. I’ve just never seen both methodologies living together on any forums Log in to see images!

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Sounds good to me, sign me up. I take 3 days away from this place and I can’t tell what’s what and there’s about 500 threads that have come and gone in that time, and half of them are things I’d probably want to have read but I miss them because of all the other threads that pushed them WAYYYYYYY down the list of threads in any given subforum. Maybe make this “list” you’re talking about accessible via a tab within the flamebate tab, to further enhance the flamebate experience.

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

Would this include new threads or just threads we’ve allready posted in? (similiar to the current subscriptions page)cause if someone goes on a post spam spree there could still be issues with it. I do like the idea though.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

I also like this idea a lot, actually. Downside is it would probably make a few forums (gendisc, CD) very heavily trafficked and most others would turn into ghost towns. At least, that’s what i think.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

duca Posted:

Would this include new threads or just threads we’ve allready posted in?

Any thread which has been created or posted in since you last logged on. (If you stay logged on, it just keeps updating. It only clears if you log off.)

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

MC Banhammer Posted:

Any thread which has been created or posted in since you last logged on. (If you stay logged on, it just keeps updating. It only clears if you log off.)

Signed times 2.

Um, Log in to see images!

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

minimodding a mod: http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/4108-suggestions-compilation

­

­

­

Signing this, that feat makes boards more comfortable to browse.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

ChilePepino Posted:

minimodding a mod: http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/4108-suggestions-compilation

I try to use that thread for suggestions which I don’t think will lead to much discussion, and start new threads when I think there will be a lot of push-pull and talking to hash it out.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

MC Banhammer Posted:

I try to use that thread for suggestions which I don’t think will lead to much discussion, and start new threads when I think there will be a lot of push-pull and talking to hash it out.

I was kidding. This is actually a mayor suggestion or something like that. And it’s actually a pretty cool one.

Ziggy Stardu-
st

Avatar: 93500 Thu Jan 22 10:43:18 -0500 2009

[Arse Ticklers fabulous persons Fanclub]

Level 39 Troll

“Hot Sauce in the Dick Hole”

Very signed.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

In general, yes

In nitpicky detail, I’d prefer it to not clear when you log out – that would lead to annoyance when I need to leave for whatever reason when I’m halfway through checking the list of updates.

I’d prefer a “Mark as read” system to handle removing stuff from the recent update view, that way I can log on, check the updates list and read a couple of things, get interrupted and come back later without missing anything, then at such time that I’ve caught up with the updates I can mark the rest of them as read.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!