Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature idea for a new attack

RJ the Shadow

Avatar: 126761 Fri May 15 09:24:53 -0400 2009

[Offline Chaos]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I’ve briefly looked over the forums, and my guess is this is the best place to post a suggestion for a new attack. If anybody knows a topic that already rounds all these idea’s up, i’d appreciate it if you’d post the link (and if you’re a mod, might aswell delete/lock this one as soon as I know of the better topic)

I just thought that “spamming” would be a good new attack. In the beginning of zee internets, spamming was just people sending alot of manually written mails to multiple receivers. But today, SPAM is organised crime, with programmers (Hackers?) sending mbum-mail with bogus and unsafe links using one or more remotely-controlled bots (perhaps even through a zombie system, which is an actual virus-term, if you’d bother looking it up) to the victim’s inbox. I think that this can be somewhat applied in attacking forums as a Hacker in the following way:

Of course, SPAMming is a big issue, and not least a big irritation. So it’ll most likely have a somewhat big refresh rate. On the appearance…what I found odd about the Hacker was that the forum-users replied to no post at all. So this would be the Hackers first actual posting attack. Except, it’d be multiple responses at once. Like, four or something. And every post would have a moderate set of pwn points to them.

This would be very powerfull so…hence why I suggest a mid-long refresh rate. And would use alot of the Hacker’s secondary stat, since Spambots don’t start themselves.

Additional idea, if this one wasn’t good enough, is that the attack would automatically post for X ammount of turns, just like a spambot, additionally to the Hacker’s other attacks. If it’d be abit zombie-scented (again, the virus-term), it could be posts from the forum self.

I don’t own a Hacker char (yet) but my buddy says how it works out abit. If it gets implemented, maybe I’ll purchase a fourth char to be a Hacker, instead of an Emo.

If this has been suggested before, or anyone thinks they have a better idea upon this one, or have a good reason to suggest it’d fit with a different char… I’m not stopping you.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Wouldn’t quite be the first Hacker attack that posts something – ipz places a post that says something snarky involving someone’s IP address, but that doesn’t detract from the idea.

Hackers generally need some more variety in their attacks – other clbumes get multiple skill trees, abilities other than straight-up attacks (buffs or healing or special abilities) whereas the “special thing” for Hackers is long refresh times on the powerful attacks (no 1-2-1-2ing here, gotta use some kind of attack rotation) aside from that, the only thing differentiating the attacks is that it hits for X damage every Y turns and costs Z processing power.

Would be very nice to have this kind of thing, and it fits – a oneoff post from someone trolling (or emo-ing/noobing/whoring) is a single event, doesn’t have a longterm effect, whereas a hacked forum will stay hacked until someone fixes it. A tree of attacks that do small but ongoing damage would be very nice.

man-man edited this message on 06/11/2009 8:33AM

RJ the Shadow

[Offline Chaos]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

And even IF it doesn’t pbum, it surely will have a tad of inspiration to some newer attack…or atleast put to notice that the Hacker isn’t really the clbum that sees the most action.

I still lol at my Troll’s attacks. If the Hacker clbum could raise some interesting diversity. I wouldn’t mind spending my last 3bp on it as a fourth char.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

RJ the Shadow Posted:

If the Hacker clbum could raise some interesting diversity.

You haven’t seen the hacker attacks then. They’re FAR different from any other clbum’s.

RJ the Shadow

[Offline Chaos]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

MC Banhammer Posted:

You haven’t seen the hacker attacks then. They’re FAR different from any other clbum’s.

True, and I think the emo-clbum is abit TOO much of a challenge for me anyway, so I’ll get the hacker one soon. Half of the time that I’m trolling or whoring, I’m not minding my ego. Except with my Pnoob.

But back on topic, is it a realistic idea? I hope new attack-idea’s are welcome, because I haven’t had a new Troll attack for 10 levels… And political flame-jokes are only funny for THAT long.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

RJ the Shadow Posted:

is it a realistic idea?

History says that new attacks will be introduced with Episode 3, and not before. It’s unclear whether community-suggested attacks get incorporated.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

I wasn’t around for ‘history’, so fill me in… does history suggest that when new attacks arrive, they would be earned at levels above the current level cap, or could there be a “backfill” to put new attacks in to continue the pattern of one every 3 levels?

Or is history silent on this matter because the previous level cap was so low?

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

History as in, when Ep1 was finished, and before Ep2 was released, no new attacks were introduced.

When Ep2 was released, new attacks were introduced as you levelled up while playing it.

Presumably, there will be new attacks released with Ep3, as the level cap is removed.

RJ the Shadow

[Offline Chaos]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I don’t see spamming as a very powerfull attack, not in measurement to what an actual hacker really CAN do.

But if this idea came through, I’d be glad either way.

Any idea if ep3 will come with the purchase of ep2, or will have to be bought seperately aswell?

If for the latter, will ep2 and 3 come in a “fatpack” later on? Just wonderring if anyone knows already.

I heard there wasn’t any progress on 3 yet and CZ (or whoever responsible) was focussing on improving the game altogether first.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!